Sign templates + Promods

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
JohannesKauffmann

28 Jan 2017 18:02

Hi everyone,

So I tried adding one of my signs to the game as a mod. The sign itself is editable, so I had to create a project and a template first.
Once you create a project, the projectname.sii file gets added to the //def/sign/project/ folder. As for creating a new template, mytemplatename.sii is created in the //def/sign/template/ folder.

I also noticed that a new entry for my template is created in //def/sign/templates.sii. I suspect you guys from Promods have added a lot of entries in the
//def/sign/templates.sii file, which kind of explains why my sign templates don't show up in the editor with the promods files in the mod folder, but works fine without.

Is there something I can do to make these both load? I couldn't find your templates def files in the promods def archive, and I can't open the promods models archive. Any help would be appreciated.

Johannes

Vøytek
Developer

28 Jan 2017 18:11

Your templates should be saved in mod_yourname folder. You should find templates.mod_yourname.sii file in that folder.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

JohannesKauffmann

28 Jan 2017 21:52

First of all, thanks for your quick reply.

Alright, so I created a folder called mod_lorraine inside //def/sign/. I also moved myawesometmpl.sii to that folder, and created a new file, templates.mod_lorraine.sii inside of //def/sign/mod_lorraine/

Code: Select all

SiiNunit
{
	sign_template_def : myawesometmpl {
	path: "/def/sign/mod_lorraine/myawesometmpl.sii"
	}
}
My template doesn't show up at all in the content browser, and I can't add my template to my project. I'm afraid I'm doing something wrong.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

28 Jan 2017 22:30

Two problems:
- Your item name is too long. The game will refuse to recognise any item name longer than 12 characters.
- Instead of typing it all by yourself, it's better to auto-generate names. Make sure you save it in another base than "base" (see Zniwek's suggestion) to make sure it generates conflict-free names.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

29 Jan 2017 07:39

1) Create mod_lorraine folder in the ets2 install directory root (program files/steam/steamapps/Euro Truck Simulator 2)

2) next time you use the sign editor and you want to save your template, on the save dialogue there will be a drop-down menu with the option to save your mod to mod_lorraine

3) now you can put the contents of mod_lorraine into your def and zip it up to make it a mod
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

JohannesKauffmann

29 Jan 2017 13:42

Thanks everyone for your help!

I got it working after all, the game saves and loads my templates and projects fine now.
I was under the impression that the game could only write to the "base" folder in my installation directory. Everything works out as it should. Again, thanks everybody!

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information