Trailer attach point change

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
abordaro
Donation rank:

04 Apr 2017 11:36

Dear Team!

I need some help. I would like to change attach point of the trailer, because its too far from the truck.

Earlier I used zmodeller(in time of German Truck), but now, I don't know which way I have to start.

I would like to know :

- which programs i need, with which plugin?(freeware or payware)
- can I contact someone in case of question for example on facebook? (is there some group)Discuss the steps etc...

Any response here or personal message is welcome, and thanks in advance! :)
(sorry for my english)

Vøytek
Developer

04 Apr 2017 11:46

You can use ZModeler or Blender with SCS Blender Tools plugin.
You can contact us here, just posting your issues. Discussing it in public helps others learn something too ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

abordaro
Donation rank:

04 Apr 2017 13:18

Dear Voytek!

Thank you! I will try Blender with the SCS plugin today. I have to import the trailer.pmd right?

Vøytek
Developer

04 Apr 2017 13:26

Before importing to Blender with SCS tools, you have to convert every model.

MandelSoft will tell you more.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

04 Apr 2017 13:41

Before you can understand the Blender Tools, you first have to understand the difference between the binary format files and the mid-format files.

The binary format files are files that the game uses. They are generally unreadable unless you have certain plugins and tools. They are fully optimised for the game, so their file format may change in any patch. Their file formats are PMD, PMG, PMC, PMA, PPD, TOBJ*, DDS.

The mid-format files are files that SCS uses internally for their modelling tools. These files are in a format that can be read by a text editor. The game can't use them in this format, but the text format makes it easier to read for any tools. Their format will never change. Their file formats are PIT, PIM, PIC, PIA, PIP, PIS, TOBJ*, TGA.

*TOBJ files can be both binary and mid-format. If you open one with a text editor, you can see with which type you're dealing with: if you can read it, it's mid-format.

SCS Blender Tools exclusively uses mid-format files. Though all of that is nice and dandy, it means that you need a conversion tool to convert your models in both ways. First, you have the Conversion Tools delivered with Blender Tools, which converts mid-format files to binary format files. There is an unofficial tool that does the reverse: ConvertPIX by mwl4. This tool converts binary-format files to mid-format files. It all sounds a bit complicated, but it's just a workflow adjustment.

You can find more info in the Blender Tools section on the SCS forums.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information