Workshop Uploader Error Help

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
SirLeinad

16 Apr 2017 21:30

I am trying to upload a trailer mod I made to the Steam workshop, however I get this error:

Code: Select all

ERROR [00002] (/universal/automat/c1/a3e45782c306590f7bb531b1e4fd09185c5ed3.mat): Unable to find material file referenced by model descriptor /vehicle/trailer_eu/leinad/ui_shadow.pmd. The material must be placed in mod folder.
The trailer model that it uses is the krone profiliner and all I have found is I need to place ui_shadow.pmd and ui_shadow.pmg in the "mod folder". I have tried placing it in various locations but the same error keeps coming up. What is the exact location that those files have to be in and am I missing something else?

Thanks

Vøytek
Developer

16 Apr 2017 21:54

You have to place

ui_shadow.pmd
in

vehicle/trailer_eu/leinad/
just like it says.

It doesn't work then?
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

SirLeinad

16 Apr 2017 22:01

Nope, I've tried putting it directly in that folder, I also tried adding the krone folder exactly as it appears from the scs extractor, that doesn't work either.

0815hotte
Donation rank:

17 Apr 2017 11:20

IMHO it says you need a certain MAT file included in your mod. So you have to create a 'automat/c1' folder and put it there.
If this does not solve it: when you want to upload for v1.27 of ETS2, maybe the uploader has an older version - look for the 1.27beta branch of the uploader and use that one instead (I recently had a similar problem and could solve it by switching to that uploader branch).

Vøytek
Developer

17 Apr 2017 12:00

You might be right. After reading it again, it looks like it maybe can't find the .mat file which should be located in automat folder but I don't have much experience with Workshop Uploader, that's why I can't provide a solution. We have to solve it together somehow :D
This mod works as a non-Workshop version without problems?
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

SirLeinad

17 Apr 2017 12:51

I looked in extracted SCS file files for the c1 folder in automat. It is there, but doesn't have the file that the error says (starts with a3e). I tried adding the whole c1 folder but it didn't work.
The folder names (like c1, c2 etc.) seem to organise the files by their first two letters of the name if that makes sense, so all the files inside the c1 folder start with "c1". I looked inside the a3 folder to see if the material was in there but it doesn't seem to exist.
The problem may be something to do with using ETS2Studio as it has not been updated in a long time, so maybe it is creating the mod for an older version of ETS2? It's a trailer mod so should work with any version but maybe it is trying to use a file which doesn't exist anymore?
How do you change the version of the SCS uploader? I tried rightclicking then properties but I can't find anything to change the version.
And yes it works fine without the workshop. It;s not important to get it on the workshop it's just my first time doing it and would like to try :)

Thanks for your time

Vøytek
Developer

17 Apr 2017 12:59

Automat files are generated when you export models from Blender and convert them to game files... Honestly, no idea why it complains about this file, if it works properly without it. I've only made a few skins for a trailer in the past so I don't know almost anything about trailer modding.
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52

SirLeinad

17 Apr 2017 13:31

The only other possibility then is because it doesn't support the advanced trailer coupling, I saw a tutorial on Youtube on how to add it and it requires you using Blender and attaching a cylinder to the trailer, which you have to give a specific name. Maybe the file it is looking for is the part for advanced trailer coupling, I'll see if I can do that (I have little experince in Blender) and hopefully that may fix it. Thanks

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information