Connect Roads & Delivery Points, Mechanics, ...

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
CRUGG

02 Apr 2018 17:01

Hello guys, I have 2 questions:

How do I connect roads?
How is it possible to connect roads?
Example:

How can I create 'Special Locations'?
How can I create Delivery Points, Mechanic Points, Toll Points, The Places where the tow thingy can take you if you for e.g. crash, ...

Noah_Lukas

02 Apr 2018 18:10

First you have to have a look if booth road pieces are on the same hight and same rotation (it's good to activate free rotation in node properties) than take one dot and put it while pressing alt to the other dot.
If special locations means terrain in your meaning here you can change that in item properties under terrain and profile.
Tolls etc. are models so they are in the model (or prefab) section. You only have to place them and connect roads with it.
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

martinusK

02 Apr 2018 18:38

Don't forget about node colours aswell. Red and red will not connect. This is because red nodes hold the information (if you want to call it that) about the road segment or prefab, therefore you cannot connect two red nodes. The ideal match is between red and green; green and green should connect, but someone else might want to chip in with information here, because i'm not too sure whether that always works or not.

Service stations, delivery points, etc. are listed under prefabs, but for instance, delivery points (companies) require definition files aswell. The basics of creating these defs have probably already been explained multiple times in the ProMods Academy.

A few extra definitions aswell:
buildings - items that you can drag (not the best explanation but you get the point), so fences, barriers, but also tree walls, etc.
models - general models, this can be anything from houses to rocks, etc. etc.
signs - quite self-explanatory, but you will also find lamps, road arrows and much more from here
movers - models that move, so for instance planes, but also things like flags
bezier patch - the god and savior, play-doh terrain

Most of these things have quite a simple node system, with just for instance a blue node representing the model, and that's it, since you're most likely not going to be connecting them. Buildings however do have a red-green system, and Bezier patches are a whole other subject.
ProMods developer for Estonia Image
Currently working on another bit of Estonia, you'll see it in the Euromir thread soon enough

Noah_Lukas

02 Apr 2018 18:57

Ok that with the node colour is new for me :D
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

CRUGG

03 Apr 2018 14:27

Noah_Lukas wrote:
02 Apr 2018 18:10
First you have to have a look if booth road pieces are on the same hight and same rotation (it's good to activate free rotation in node properties) than take one dot and put it while pressing alt to the other dot.
If special locations means terrain in your meaning here you can change that in item properties under terrain and profile.
Tolls etc. are models so they are in the model (or prefab) section. You only have to place them and connect roads with it.
I checked height and everything... But it doesn't work..
martinusK wrote:
02 Apr 2018 18:38
Don't forget about node colours aswell. Red and red will not connect. This is because red nodes hold the information (if you want to call it that) about the road segment or prefab, therefore you cannot connect two red nodes. The ideal match is between red and green; green and green should connect, but someone else might want to chip in with information here, because i'm not too sure whether that always works or not.

Service stations, delivery points, etc. are listed under prefabs, but for instance, delivery points (companies) require definition files aswell. The basics of creating these defs have probably already been explained multiple times in the ProMods Academy.

A few extra definitions aswell:
buildings - items that you can drag (not the best explanation but you get the point), so fences, barriers, but also tree walls, etc.
models - general models, this can be anything from houses to rocks, etc. etc.
signs - quite self-explanatory, but you will also find lamps, road arrows and much more from here
movers - models that move, so for instance planes, but also things like flags
bezier patch - the god and savior, play-doh terrain

Most of these things have quite a simple node system, with just for instance a blue node representing the model, and that's it, since you're most likely not going to be connecting them. Buildings however do have a red-green system, and Bezier patches are a whole other subject.
Like I said before, I checked height and everything but it isn't working. And thanks for the explanation about companies :D

lolek9427

22 Apr 2018 10:53

One way to "force" connect them is click m and holding left alt move the green node to the red node. They should snap in place

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information