[SOLVED] How to implement fantasy country and set its road belong to this fantasy country?

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
EG0611

25 May 2018 08:25

Hello, I got a question.

I want to add a fantasy country. An island country with ferry connection. What I did so far are:

> I created new country's .sii files such as country.sii / city.sii. On node selection I can see this new country's name if I choose prefab as "border" prefab.
> I created ferry lines. They work fine

But how do I tell game that: "This area is a new country and these roads belong to this new country"? I looked at Rotterdam Europort since ferry port design of this new country is similar to it but I couldn't solve it.

Thanks
-EG
Last edited by EG0611 on 25 May 2018 21:40, edited 1 time in total.

ScuL
Founder

25 May 2018 08:40

There has to be a border node in the node properties (usually the one closest to the ferry prefab)
Border nodes can only be set to roads and not to prefabs
When the place is an island you have to set the border to the same country, for instance @@svalbard@@, @@svalbard@@
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

EG0611

25 May 2018 08:50

Ohh right the border set works for road node not prefab node. I just remembered that sorry for misleading.

But the the problem is ferry port is not an actual "prefab". It is like Europort as road ends and you drive on plaza model (or a surface with collision area) to reach ferry icon.

ScuL
Founder

25 May 2018 10:37

You need a prefab for the ferry to work (it requires the "ferry entrance" setting)

But for the border it should make no difference.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

EG0611

25 May 2018 20:37

Alright now I get it. At first I set a node "state border" and then set 2 same country names but the next node stays without country.

But when I rebuild map it is fixed. Thank you ScuL.

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information