Don't understand signs since 1.31 update

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
NewCoolMapper

03 Jul 2018 20:18

Hi!
I recently updated my game from 1.28 to 1.31 and now I'm a bit lost on signs. I was used to the old way to create signs, but the new one is completely diferent and I need help.
I' ve already understood that the old signs we created were called sign overrides. Well, now to create a sign I'm just always downgrading to 1.28 and using the old method, because the new one doesn't let me place text boxes, images and that things. It's all greyed out. It only allows me to change ml? (1) board, which there are a lot of boards already done. But do I have to use them? I really don't understand this change, the old one was just creating your own signs from scratch and now you need to use the already done ones, and you can't chnage them? That doesn't make any sense.
Lead developer of the project of Portugal 1:8 Image

Doctor Z

05 Jul 2018 20:28

NewCoolMapper wrote:
03 Jul 2018 20:18
Hi!
I recently updated my game from 1.28 to 1.31 and now I'm a bit lost on signs. I was used to the old way to create signs, but the new one is completely diferent and I need help.
I' ve already understood that the old signs we created were called sign overrides. Well, now to create a sign I'm just always downgrading to 1.28 and using the old method, because the new one doesn't let me place text boxes, images and that things. It's all greyed out. It only allows me to change ml? (1) board, which there are a lot of boards already done. But do I have to use them? I really don't understand this change, the old one was just creating your own signs from scratch and now you need to use the already done ones, and you can't chnage them? That doesn't make any sense.
I think that the best way is having always the last release of the game in order to have some issues like this.

Doctor Z.

NewCoolMapper

06 Jul 2018 14:09

Doctor Z wrote:
05 Jul 2018 20:28
I think that the best way is having always the last release of the game in order to have some issues like this.

Doctor Z.
Thanks! But now I downloaded ProMods v220 again and I'm just creating the signs there and then updating to 1.31. I really don't understand the new mess. Everything was great. Why do they have to change it?

Obrigado! Mas agora eu fiz download da ProMods v220 outra vez e estou a criar os sinais de trânsito nessa versão e depois atualizo para a 1.31 e troco os ficheiros da ProMods para a v227. Realmente não percebo esta nova confusão. Para quê mudar se já está bom?
Lead developer of the project of Portugal 1:8 Image

ScuL
Founder

07 Jul 2018 10:45

We don't like the new way of editing signs either, but SCS copied this method from ATS into ETS
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Noah_Lukas

07 Jul 2018 13:59

ScuL wrote:
07 Jul 2018 10:45
new way of editing signs either
Does that mean I cannot save a template and put it onto another sign by choosing it in the sign editor anymore (like it worked until 1.30)? :(
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information