Modding Q&A

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
EG0611

23 Sep 2016 18:38

LoaderSaints wrote:Did you try the delete button on your keyboard?
Yep. It only rotates some objects.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

23 Sep 2016 22:52

D only selects the deletion tool. You have to click on the selection to delete them.

And if the delete key rotates objects, then you are not looking at the map with the top camera. Switch camera view and then press delete.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

EG0611

24 Sep 2016 06:41

MandelSoft wrote:D only selects the deletion tool. You have to click on the selection to delete them.

And if the delete key rotates objects, then you are not looking at the map with the top camera. Switch camera view and then press delete.
And Mandelsoft saved the day again. Thanks. Now I got more:

1. When I want to add "dangerous turn right" model to a straight road this occurs:

"dangerous turn left" has no problem. Is there a way to fix it? Or the only way to put "dangerous turn right" signs is to place them 1 by 1?

2. One day I found rest stop sleep area piece on one of the menu but now I forgot its name. I don't even remember its category. If anyone know could you inform me? By the way it is not the Trigger one.

IceBlue

24 Sep 2016 11:12

Ever since 1.25 my nodes don't seem to connect any more. The only way I can get Roads/Prefabs/Terrain to connect is to delete them, and add them in connected, but obviously this doesn't work for roads, as you cannot connect them to red nodes. I have tried deleting them and putting them back in, changing all the 'snap to xxx' settings in the editor, but no luck. Alt+Click does not work either. Any idea?

EG0611

24 Sep 2016 11:17

IceBlue wrote:Ever since 1.25 my nodes don't seem to connect any more. The only way I can get Roads/Prefabs/Terrain to connect is to delete them, and add them in connected, but obviously this doesn't work for roads, as you cannot connect them to red nodes. I have tried deleting them and putting them back in, changing all the 'snap to xxx' settings in the editor, but no luck. Alt+Click does not work either. Any idea?
After 1.25 SCS broke the system that's true. Did you try to enable: "snap the nodes" and "snap to verticles" and disable the rest two?

IceBlue

24 Sep 2016 11:38

elitegamer0611 wrote:
IceBlue wrote:Ever since 1.25 my nodes don't seem to connect any more. The only way I can get Roads/Prefabs/Terrain to connect is to delete them, and add them in connected, but obviously this doesn't work for roads, as you cannot connect them to red nodes. I have tried deleting them and putting them back in, changing all the 'snap to xxx' settings in the editor, but no luck. Alt+Click does not work either. Any idea?
After 1.25 SCS broke the system that's true. Did you try to enable: "snap the nodes" and "snap to verticles" and disable the rest two?
Yep; doing that sort of makes the nodes inherit the same x and y position, but no height or direction snapping. I have also changed the node property values to match, no luck.

Gylfi Sigurðsson
Donation rank:

25 Sep 2016 01:39

I'm looking to learn to make any and all mods, start of small and basic, and slowly work my way up to complex structures (trucks and maybe maps), I've recently quit skateboarding for a year or two and I cannot drink alcohol anymore (stomach is very damaged) so I need something to really keep me occupied and focused to stop myself from going stir crazy.

So what editors are ideal and such? don't really wanna jump in head first, toe dipping so it were first lol

I've seen ets2 studio mentioned on here and on scs's forum, is it good place to start?

This has most likely been asked loads of times but I can't be bothered to trawl through the thread (i'm lazy af)
That's the road to happiness and personal satisfaction, That's why they don't want you to take it.

EG0611

25 Sep 2016 07:33

Is there a way to split truck and car/bus traffic? Like on an intersection; one way for only trucks and one way for only car/bus ?

ETS2-User
Developer

25 Sep 2016 15:14

There's only the traffic area rule for no truck traffic, but that only works for big modular interchanges obviously and not for prefab intersections.

ETS2-Studio is a tool that helps you with some essential steps in modding but it doesn't make the mod for you. For mapping open the map editor, for modelling you need Blender or ZModeler.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

EG0611

10 Oct 2016 12:23

I got a question that bothers me.

For example Mapper A builds a map on sector A and Mapper B builds a map on sector B but they did not agree on the height of their maps' connection. So map A has position of +50 (y direction) but map B has position of +30.

Does that make a problem? Or is there an easy way to solve it? Otherwise one of the mapper has to levelize ALL the objects on his sector?

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information