Modding Q&A

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
Gman912

28 Mar 2017 00:35

yang20 wrote:You should have this option on 'Node properties'. Try to change something like grass, or default to option like desert. I dont on map editor so I cant say more exacly.
Yeah, already tried that and nothing worked. Sucks to hear you can't brush it, too. Is there any other solution to this? Otherwise, I could contact SCS and see if they will be able to do it.

EG0611

28 Mar 2017 06:06

Gman912 wrote:This one I can't solve. How can I 'paint' the texture on a gas station prefab? I want to go from a dirt texture to a grass texture.
You can't. Prefabs are not suitable for Brushing. What you can do is using Bezier Patch and then brush that Bezier.

yang20

28 Mar 2017 14:22

Oh, sorry but I thought you only want to change all prefab :)
Currently driving SCANIA S
PM2.40+RusMap 1.8.1+Great Steppe 1.2+Southern Region 7.8
Beta-tester of Project Balkans

imp1234
Donation rank:

31 Mar 2017 19:21

Plz Help me , How to Create A New Country With New licence Plates And New Road Signs And Also How To Create a New Ferry Line ?

Vøytek
Developer

31 Mar 2017 19:34

Extract SCS def and base, look at the files and you should figure it out. Explaining it step by step is a lot of writing.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

yang20

31 Mar 2017 23:48

I'll write only line. Maybe I'll write more later but now only feries. If want new connection between existing ferries you need make path def\ferry\connection\
There you putting 2 files .sii Open it by text editor and write definitions.

Code: Select all

SiiNunit
{
ferry_connection : conn.<start>.<end>{
	price: <price for ferry in €>
	time: <time of swimming in minutes>
	distance: <distance to swim in kilometers>
}
}

Of course you writing paramethers without '<' and '>'. File should have name: <start>_<end>.sii
After that you should write definitions to another direction. Write same but change name <start> to <end> and name <end> to <start> So you should have

SiiNunit
{
ferry_connection : conn.<end>.<start>{
	price: <price for ferry in €>
	time: <time of swimming in minutes>
	distance: <distance to swim in kilometers>
}
}

Name must be changed too so <end>_<start>.sii

=================================================================

If you want to make your own port you need to go to def and and file ferry.<whatever you want>.sii and write there:

SiiNunit
{
# For modders: Please do not modify this file if you want to add a new entry. Create in
# this directory a new file "<base_name>.<idofyourmod>.sii" where <base_name> is name of
# base file without the extension (e.g. "city" for "/def/city.sii") and <idofyourmod> is
# some string which is unlikely to conflict with other mod.
#
# Warning: Even if the units are specified in more than one source file, they share the
# same namespace so suffixes or prefixes should be used to avoid conflicts.

@include "ferry/<port2>.sii"
@include "ferry/<port>.sii"

}
There are names of your new ports. You can write 1 line '@include' 2 lines or 3 or howmuch you want but every need to be diffrent.
Now go to def\ferry\ and make .sii files for every file written above. MUST be the same name.

ferry_data: ferry.<name from above>
{
	ferry_name: "<name showed in game>"
}

And now the last thing: open editor with this mod activated and place ferry (go to rolled menu and click add) in the place you want. In node properties check of course option with name of this port. Do same with every port you want to add. AND SAVE MAP.

I hope you understand this crazy tut ;)

PS: If you want to add your own ferry you need to do everything from down and up parts. If you want to add connection between existing ferries you need to do only up part

imp1234
Donation rank:

02 Apr 2017 15:54

It Works . Thanks yang20 . If Anyone Have time . Plz Teach Me how To Make New Country With New License plate :)

EG0611

03 Apr 2017 08:03

imp1234 wrote:It Works . Thanks yang20 . If Anyone Have time . Plz Teach Me how To Make New Country With New License plate :)
You can check Promods' or SCS' .sii files. All ypu have to do is creating new .sii files and change some specific rows.

imp1234
Donation rank:

25 Apr 2017 15:47

Sorry If This Against The Rule Of Forum . Can I Use Promods Assets Or Is It Possible Way To Let Me use It

yang20

25 Apr 2017 17:14

You can load Promods assets file (or other promdos files) to make your map, but this map will need these files to work and without 'em - wont work. You cant extract assets file and load files from it to game 'cause every file of promods (except map and def) are blocked and open 'em is impossible.

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information