Modding Q&A

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
Jakeycakes

31 Jul 2017 04:32

Hi, I was trying to get the console to come up by pressing the tilde key. When I do that however nothing happens. In my config file I've already changed the developer and console values to 1. I don't know how to fix this. Any suggestions?

ScuL
Founder

31 Jul 2017 05:45

Either your key mapping is different due to your Windows settings (and ~ is not resulting in the desired tilde input)
Or the config file hasn't been properly updated (or in the wrong place)
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Jakeycakes

31 Jul 2017 06:34

In order to type ~ I need to do shift + `, I don't know if that makes a difference. My config file is in the Euro Truck Simulator 2 folder, Documents -> Euro Truck Simulator 2. I use Steam in order to play the game if that makes a difference. Anyways, I looked up how to change the key binding, if that's the problem, but can't find anything that works. Any ideas?

ETS2-User
Developer

31 Jul 2017 20:44

You want to press the key right below Esc. On the german layout it's the key for ^ and °.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

Jakeycakes

01 Aug 2017 02:29

The key that I have below "ESC" is for "`" primarily and the secondary option accessed by clicking shift is ~. When pressing "`" or shift+` to get ~ nothing happens and the console doesn't come up. How do I fix that?

tyyp

02 Aug 2017 19:52

I have serious question about, how you guys are able to create maps, it seems awfully complicated. Could you explain step by step detailed and show pics from programs, how the entire process looks like.

Vøytek
Developer

02 Aug 2017 20:04

Modding is about finding info and solving problems by yourself. There are some tutorials on YouTube, start there and come back with complex problems, that nobody made a tutorial for yet ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Jakeycakes

03 Aug 2017 07:26

I followed the YouTube tutorials. First, I managed to get an alternate keyboard - I created it as a custom one by using a program. I have that program enabled and now I can type ~ without pressing shift. Second, I look at some more tutorial videos and downloaded the SCS extractor. I then extracted the base.scs file and placed those files in a new folder in steamapps -> common -> Euro Truck Simulator 2 called "base" and made a "map" folder inside of it, though the extraction made one already. Anyways, when I logged into the game, I pressed ~ and yet again nothing happened. None of the tutorials have any problems similar to that and I'm following them step for step. Any suggestions, am I doing something wrong? Please let me know when you get a chance to do so.

ETS2-User
Developer

03 Aug 2017 07:45

Never heard of such a problem. It's always been the key below Esc for everyone. Just go through the steps slowly again, it will probably be something trivial. :)
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

03 Aug 2017 08:41

You don't need ~, you need to type `. Maybe it's better to revert your keyboard settings to US or US-international.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information