UK Help Idea

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
Ethan Warren
Donation rank:

22 Jul 2015 16:14

I've lived in the UK all my life and I know a vast amount of Southern England and South Wales.
I really want to use this knowledge to the best of my ability by sharing it with the ProMods team to be able to use it to develop the map massively.
I have past knowledge of using google "my maps" however I have never tried/attempted to use in game SCS map editor. However i'm not looking to mod in-game, all I'm looking for is to give ideas and photographic evidence to be able to help the map modders long term. Please dont let all my knowledge go to waste as I wish I have future plans to make ProMods make a brilliant UK area to please UK game residents.

Thanks and please contact me back,

Ethan Warren
(Community Member) :D

Horizon™
Developer

23 Jul 2015 08:49

I see... you don't have any knowledge with SCS Editor? When a help is worthless until you try make at least little town - look how people done their maps in "Show your working" and a lot of them had NO knowledge, so start something - built a village or fantastic roads for learning :)
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

23 Jul 2015 14:30

Hi Ethan, and welcome :) . Yes, local and regional knowledge is of great use when producing detailed maps. And good quality photos are helpful when making unique models - buildings, bridges etc.. Most of our team are from continental Europe, with me being the only UK resident 8-) . So we each have our own knowledge and experience to share.

So you never know, one day you may be called upon ;) .
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

Xp132476
Donation rank:

23 Jul 2015 15:46

Ahh and I'm another UK resident who doesn't have any mapping experience, but should be able to help across the eastern England expansion to Norwich (if/when it happens) as I've driven the route many times!

I also work in London if you ever need any reference pictures here, sadly not spotted my building in the game but think I've found one pretty close! As well at 40 St Mary Axe - aka The Gherkin - only being 10 minutes walk from my office :D

[off-topic]cashtime2013 - I have a friend who lives in Walton-on-the-Naze, I should be there next month for his yearly BBQ so watch out ;) haha

Cheers,

PT
Case: Inwin Dragon Slayer CPU: Intel Quad-Core i5-4690 GPU: ZOTAC Nvidia GeForce GTX1060 6GB
Motherboard: GIGABYTE H97N-D3H RAM: Corsair Vengeance 24GB (2 x 8GB, 2 x 4GB)
Storage: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB and Western Digital Blue 1TB
PSU: EVGA 500W OS: Windows 10 Professional

BBoyJD10

31 Jul 2015 14:50

I would love to see more places added to the Uk!!! I am to from the Southern part of the Uk and would love to drive around my home town! (Please add: Bournemouth! - Only reason it isn't a city is it has no cathedral :( )

Horizon™
Developer

31 Jul 2015 15:04

The cathedral isn't a problem at all :D The size or location is main factors for developers. Like I see the city is pretty big...just wait after SCS release their Ireland, so developers will rebuild and add cities in the UK.
Post is proudly delivered by Horizon's Logistics
Roaming through desert

Developer of Lithuania
Developer of Kazakhstan
Developer of Iraq

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information