Uk road signs help

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
dafbenji
Donation rank:

02 Aug 2015 11:42

Hi All
I have started making a UK map. I like how it is coming along but the only problem is, I can't work out how to put my own road and place names on UK signposts.
I have tried to use the Scandinavian ones as they are editable but it does not look right at all. I believe you can edit the UK signposts as I have seen them on Promods map and other maps with place names that are not on the options list when picking what the sign says in the map editor.
I hope you can help
many thanks
Dafbenji

ETS2-User
Developer

02 Aug 2015 11:53

The new sign system has not been rolled out in UK yet. You have to make overlays for them. It works basically the same as skinning, only with different definitions and a different folder structure.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

dafbenji
Donation rank:

02 Aug 2015 19:32

Ok I am not sure how to do that are you able to tell me how as I am new to ets2 modding?

ETS2-User
Developer

02 Aug 2015 19:48

There are plenty of tutorials around here and on youtube ;) If you're completely new to modding you first should learn how the folder structure and definitions works. Extract the base.scs and def.scs in the installation folder with the official SCS extractor and look through it. Sii and Mat files can be edited with any text editor, for tobj files you need ETS2Studio.
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

dafbenji
Donation rank:

03 Aug 2015 06:12

Thank you for your help I will watch some tutorials and hopefully understand more about modding.

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information