Editing and saving an scs file

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
jwd_vtc
Donation rank:

30 Aug 2015 17:17

Ok I'll give it a go, thank you for your help cashtime2013
CPU: Intel I7-8700k, RAM: 32GB, GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080TI 11GB, Audio: SoundBlasterX AE5, PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G3 Gold

Maxximuss

13 Dec 2016 19:41

Also new to all this modding, actullay just downloading and installing mods at the moment.

If that is correct, that only the game_data.sii file for the highest priority mod is used and one has Pro Mods, AI traffic mods, sound mods, graphics mods how on earth are all the mods after the highest priority one going to get their correct parameters set or even included if the highest level one overwrites all before it?

Does one have to open each mods game_data.sii and copy and paste each parameter that is missing from the last, to the last?
Then you have the duplicates, so you would need to pick values for each parameter that is duplicated and hope all preceding mods work with that value?

I don't see everyone doing that all the time or am I completely misunderstanding how all this works?

Vøytek
Developer

13 Dec 2016 21:21

It's not all about game_data.sii file.
Every mod just changes/adds something in some folders in game files.

Traffic mods add files to model/trafiic/ai or something like that
Truck mods add files to model/truck and so on
PM adds files to europe/map but also to /model and many other.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Maxximuss

13 Dec 2016 21:45

Zniwek, thanks.

I understand that different types of mods have different definition files but I was referring specifically to the ones that do include the game_data.sii.

I see that my statement regarding all the different categories of mods may have caused confusion in this regard as different categories of mods do tend to have different definition files (as you pointed out above as well).

However, out of say 20 mods that I have I have found about 3 that include the game_data.sii.

ScuL
Founder

14 Dec 2016 02:26

The mod with the highest priority will be used and overwrites all the mods loaded before that.
So if you load mod A containing a game_data.sii it will overrule the vanilla game_data.
If you also load a mod B containing a game_data file it will overrule the data of mod A, if the priority of B is higher than A.
I am Image Dutch living in Image New Zealand and I speak Image EN Image DE Image SE Image FR

Maxximuss

14 Dec 2016 02:34

ScuL, I figured as much, I guess I was looking for confirmation of what I thought.

Luckily there are few mods with game_data.sii files so I will simply edit the one with highest priority to have the values I am looking for.

Thanks to you and Zniwek for your replies.

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information