mod manger issues

Modding school: Learn it from the masters
hankberube

01 Sep 2015 00:00

i think the mod manger REALLY SUCKS. none of my mods work and i fainaly got all dlc to get promods. and it got it with no damage and a truck nailed and i have got 14% damage on my truck. if its not the mod its the shitty manger that needs to go. am i the only one that think the mod manger is a pice of shit
Truck: Volvo FH16 2012
Truck Mileage: 22255km
Total Mileage: 23113km
Map Explored: 20.6%

ETS2-User
Developer

01 Sep 2015 05:41

Or you just might have to rethink the loading order. Some mod will overwrite the promods def ;)
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

01 Sep 2015 11:23

Easy there, hankberube! :) . The Mod Manager's really not that bad once you get used to it. I also found it frustrating to use at first, but as ETS2-User said, it just requires a rethink of your mod loading order. Basically, the list looks upside-down to what we were used to. Whereas before the mod at the bottom (often named with a lot of 'zzzzzz') loaded last, it now has to go to the top of the list in Mod Manager. So, for example, if the mods in your mod folder are named A to Z, they should now show as Z down to A in the Active Mods list.

Start with an empty Active Mods window, then add each mod from the Mod Browser from the top downwards (assuming they're sorted A to Z).
Map mods normally have low priority, so you may need to move those down the priority list. Remember of course, that some mods overwrite others when loaded. You may need to raise the ProMods def higher up the priority order to make sure it works (damage settings etc.).

Anyway, experiment with it, once you get the mods loading in the right order, you should find they all work (as long as they're compatible of course!)

I hope that explains things a bit clearer ;)
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

cristakey
Donation rank:

01 Sep 2015 11:56

cashtime2013 wrote:Easy there, hankberube! :) . The Mod Manager's really not that bad once you get used to it. I also found it frustrating to use at first, but as ETS2-User said, it just requires a rethink of your mod loading order. Basically, the list looks upside-down to what we were used to. Whereas before the mod at the bottom (often named with a lot of 'zzzzzz') loaded last, it now has to go to the top of the list in Mod Manager. So, for example, if the mods in your mod folder are named A to Z, they should now show as Z down to A in the Active Mods list.

Start with an empty Active Mods window, then add each mod from the Mod Browser from the top downwards (assuming they're sorted A to Z).
Map mods normally have low priority, so you may need to move those down the priority list. Remember of course, that some mods overwrite others when loaded. You may need to raise the ProMods def higher up the priority order to make sure it works (damage settings etc.).

Anyway, experiment with it, once you get the mods loading in the right order, you should find they all work (as long as they're compatible of course!)

I hope that explains things a bit clearer ;)
So, in the Active Mods window, the Z is on the top and A is down? I've alwayse done the contrary

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

01 Sep 2015 12:00

The items on the top of the list are loaded last.

Basically, the items that are higher up in the list overwrite items that are lower on the list whenever they share the same files.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

LA-MJ
Donation rank:

01 Sep 2015 12:47

Yes, what used to be zzzzs now have to be on top

n4gix.bill.leaming
Donation rank:

01 Sep 2015 18:16

The new Mod Manager is far, far superior to the previous, helter-skelter "alphabetic order sorting" in my opinion.

I do think that the left hand window wastes a lot of screen space with those H U G E images. It would have been better to use about 1/2 as much space for each mod file. 8-)

In general terms though, the loading priority order is fairly obvious since maps should always be at the bottom of the Active Mods listing, with other types of mod files layered above them, with the topmost mod containing your desired game.data.sii information.
So, in the Active Mods window, the Z is on the top and A is down? I've alwayse done the contrary
Seriously, forget the filenames since they have no real meaning any longer.
Fr. Bill
Global Moderator

Interests: Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling for Milviz

cristakey
Donation rank:

01 Sep 2015 20:22

n4gix.bill.leaming wrote:
Seriously, forget the filenames since they have no real meaning any longer.
I mean the A with main mod and the Z with non-important mod.

For example, if I have Promods and an AI traffic vehicle, i put the Promods on the top and the AI vehicle down in the list, is it right?

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

01 Sep 2015 21:17

To put it another way....... low priority mods go to the bottom of the Active list. High priority mods go to the top.

In your scenario cristakey, the order isn't too important, but still better to load traffic mods after maps.
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

Rocar 512E

03 Sep 2015 14:31

Actually i also think that this mod manager sucks. The original one was far better and easier to acces than this new ugly, slimy, turd-like mod manager

Return to “ProMods Academy”

• Information