[WIP] Progress Development For ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on

You can show your modding work here
Forum rules
NOTE: This is not a place to show off released mods and mapping but an area where critique and improvements can be voiced to help you with your work
brainiac

27 Mar 2018 00:02

Mountains in background look copied. Try to move objects a bit or use similar.
Working on rebulding Russian interchanges and highways: http://www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?t=14202.

Noah_Lukas

27 Mar 2018 10:37

Now where you say it I see it too :)
Languages: Image + Image (+ Image + Image )
Ba + Bavaria + Palatinate + Hessen + NRW + Switzerland

Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

04 Apr 2018 07:27

Yeah i did it a bit fast on that part in Ålesund. I have already changed it. Those mountains are DLC France assets so not a good idea to mix them with DLC Scandinavia mountains.

Development is also ongoing on the south side of E39 route Bergen-Ålesund. This area is from near Knarvik and Hagelsund Bridge which is crossing over to Knarvik center.
There will be a small town center here with some small companies, and also outside of the town it will be a quarry. In some later screenshots, you will be able to see the town center in Knarvik.
(not to be confused with Narvik) :P

Between Nordhordland Bridge and Hagelsund Bridge is a small island called Flatøy. Here there are some industries for this region, but unfortunately i think they won't fit in well because of the scale, and the
intersection there will need to be made larger for that. I'll see if it work. If not, it will just be a scenery to pass by. This same goes for the much larger island Holsnøy. In the game on a 1:19 scale,
it won't just fit in. Some of this, or all of this is due to a next release of ScandinaviaMod v0.4 or i might jump right on to ScandinaviaMod v1.0, as E39 Bergen-Ålesund might not be the only thing to
come in the next release :)

ProMods beta tester

Map developer of ScandinaviaMod ProMods map add-on
- E39 Bergen to Ålesund
- E39 Kristiansand-Bergen, including Kristiansand and Stavanger rebuild

ScandinaviaMod:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=17799

PC specs:
http://www.game-debate.com/profile/kristoffer94

OlavEmil
Donation rank:

04 Apr 2018 13:45

Very nice! Excited to see how you solve Nordhordlandsbrua, can't think of any fitting in-game models... Edit: Nevermind, I see you already posted screenshots of it a few pages ago. That is very impressive :D .

I currently live just north of Knarvik, and have been driving some trips from Holsnøy / Frekhaug to Hammerfest. Nice to see it being made in ETS2, as it is a significant transport route in Norway, catering for our oil industry (well, Bergen / Stavanger - Hammerfest anyways).

Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

04 Apr 2018 14:01

Thanks. There was no prefab fitting Nordhordlandsbrua so i had to improvise it by adding a model of a bridge and then joining it together to make the pontoon bridge part.
On the image 1 and 2, you can see it in the near distance. This other bridge is Hagelundsbrua. Was no good prefab of that too, so had to do the same. You will see later when it is more or less finished. Then it is scenery detailing to get the distant mountains in and islands.
ProMods beta tester

- E39 Bergen to Ålesund

ScandinaviaMod:

PC specs:

Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

09 May 2018 09:38

Been some time since i have shared some work that has been done on ScandinaviaMod. I can say that it is going very well.

ScandinaviaMod v1.0 is currently in beta now, but i have some screenshots to share here. The development on the towns Haukås, Knarvik and Lavik ferry port town is finally complete but they are gonna be part of v1.0
Below is the new cities and towns coming for v1.0 and after v1.0. The development plan for after v1.0 is subject to change. If possible, Northern Norway will return to development, but part of ScandinaviaMod, and in a much smaller scale than it was. It needs to be 1:19 scale and not 1:1.

Cities/towns(v0.4):
Image Haukås, Knarvik, Lavik

Cities/towns(v1.0):
Image Vadheim, Førde, Florø, Nordfjordeid, Ålesund, Vigra
Image Tønder, Gabøl

Cities/towns(after v1.0):
Image Stavanger(rebuild), Kristiansand(rebuild), Haugesund, Sotra, Askøy, Vossevangen, Kongsberg, Åmot, Odda/Tyssedal

Last edited by Chris94_NOR on 13 Jun 2018 08:49, edited 3 times in total.
ProMods beta tester

- E39 Bergen to Ålesund

ScandinaviaMod:

PC specs:

mads1153
Donation rank:

09 May 2018 22:43

Amazing work, Chris94_NOR :-D
This mod is so awesome :D

Using Promods 2.27 + Rusmap 1.8
Level 88 and played 2381 hours.

ProMods Junior Beta Tester since 24 september 2017

MG Mike

11 May 2018 16:29

The screens look amazing..

I love to drive through Scandinavia.. Especially when I come from north Germany.
Route 1 from Hamburg A 7 to Flensburg to Danmark to Odense, the great belt Bridge is really awesome.. And then further to Kopenhagen and then the Oeresundbridge to Sweden....

Route 2 on Promods is for me from Hamburg the A 1 to the Isle Fehmarn then the ferry to rodbyhavn. And over the smaller bridge to Kopenhagen and over the Oeresundbridge to Sweden.

And höhere the long speedway to Stockholm or the way to Norway with its beautyful mountains and fjords..
It's everytime great fun to go north..

I am really looking forward to what you would give us in the upcoming version..

Good luck and much success to you!

Chris94_NOR
Donation rank:

13 Jun 2018 08:03

It has been a while since a new status update of ScandinaviaMod. This is a news update now regarding upcoming ScandinaviaMod v0.4, compatible with ETS2 patch 1.31x. v0.4 is currently in the pre-release version now so you will see the new version ready very soon. 1.31 was a big update to the game and one of the biggest features was the random events. In some places on the map the random events don't really work well so it has to be manually disabled in certain parts of the map. This actually took some time.

Hope to release the new version in atleast about a week time. One of the new things that will come in the next map version is toll fee in Bergen. When you arrive in Bergen from the north you will need to drive through an automatic toll, just like IRL. Also included in the new version will be the towns Haukås, Knarvik and Lavik, further north on E39 from Bergen.

ProMods beta tester

- E39 Bergen to Ålesund

ScandinaviaMod:

PC specs:

Mercedes2002CZ

18 Jun 2018 16:08

Nice screens! Will your addon connect Bergen to Trondheim?

• Information