Pwny

New users are welcome to post a short introduction here
pwny1320

17 Jan 2016 16:25

Hey there,

My Name is Pwny.
I am from Sydney Australia and first found out about ETS2 a few years back whilst scrolling youtubes endless crap to watch and thought to myself this looks like a whole NEW level of strange game so i went to the store and asked if they had a copy, the person at the counter looked back rather confused as to why i wanted this game but took me over to the bargain bin where the game was only $5 so naturally i bought it being a cheap game and would probably be a good laugh, i got home and called my friends over for a BBQ (every time i got a new strange game i would have a BBQ and let people try the game and we would get drunk and have a laugh at it its just the way we roll) after everyone had a turn we realized this wasn't one of those random crappy games where most people had 1 turn and sat back to just watch EVERYONE wanted another turn so we played until the early morning (progressively getting drunker and worse at the game) a week later after playing roughly about 10 hours total i figured out the AI and how to actually play this game "By the rules" and decided to have another BBQ this time i would save before entering a loading bay and the challenge was to reverse park a trailer we had a stop watch handy to time it and everything AGAIN everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves...
Fast forward about 2-3 months and i was starting to learn about mods and DLC for this game but at the time i had no internet other than my phone and certainly no idea if i would actually play it for much longer before growing bored of this strange game, so i went to my best friends house and got him to download me a torrented version of ETS2 with going east DLC and a few skin dlc's to see what the hype was about, strangely it felt both familiar and foreign to me and continued my obsession with the game another week or 2... until i got to the store and found that i could buy the DLC in a version bundled with the base game simply titled Euro Truck Simulator 2 GOLD and since i KNEW i was going to play it i decided that it was worth my money to buy a physical copy so i could reinstall it on my pc once i had rebuilt it as i was originally running it on 2.3ghz processor 512mb vram and 4gb ram and fully intended to see the game in its full beauty i went home deleted the torrent and installed the full game however it broke my save which put me off playing for a a few weeks until i rebuilt my computer.

After a few months of playing with 1gbvram 3.6ghz processor and sadly still 4gb of ram i had started to delve into a few mods that changed very small things mainly cosmetically or just a quick fix until a patch came out which was never that far away anyway my friend called me to tell me something that would CHANGE MY LIFE i answered the phone (and swerved into oncoming traffic) and pressed pause avoiding a head on with a little van my friend was really excited about a NEW DLC coming in a few weeks/months titled Scandinavia i was over the moon to hear this i quickly went online and found out that it was only 1 month after my 22nd birthday and quickly started asking around as to who could order me a copy of this new DLC, sadly most of my friends had moved on with new games over Christmas having been bought new consoles and games so no-one was overly excited about getting this new DLC for my BBQ's except for one person my Grandmother who has always enjoyed watching me play games but always emphasizes on the fact that most of my games are either over the top, don't run well on my computer or are just plain VIOLENT she agreed to buy me the new DLC the very day it hit the shelves here in Sydney.

Fast forward 6 or so weeks i had my new DLC and was quite happy how much of the game was overhauled but devastated that it no longer ran smoothly on even the lowest of settings with my ram, Vram and cpu setup i wasn't going to take chances... it was time for a total overhaul of my system where i got a GTX750 4gb SLI configuration a I7 4790k 4.4ghz processor and upped my ram to 16gb from the 4 i had been happy with for a long time (by the way i completely built from scratch and gave the old computer to my cousin who needed one for university) bought a 40 inch hdtv so i could see smaller details a bit better got 5.1 surround sound speakers and a sub woofer so i could really FEEL the roar of the engine as it came to life and even got a G29 steering wheel. fast forward to the end of 2015 i am partially upset that i still have no internet nor a steam copy to get ETS2MP and a few other things that run better with steam so i went and rebought it on steam in the process avoided bundles and bought ALL the DLC individually to make sure SCS got EVERY CENT POSSIBLE from me, i still had one problem though to download the lot was nearly 2.5gb (including mods i would have to update) and i only had 2gb a month on my phone so i went to the phone shop explained my predicament and signed a new contract that would entitle me to 18gb a month plenty to do everything i need to with my ETS2 etc etc and i found something called ProMods...........

SERIOUSLY WHEN WILL THIS END I WAS ADDICTED TO METH FOR LESS THAN THIS GAME!!!!!!

All in all the experience has been really great and the game is AMAZING for everything its worth i have spent easily $2000 in stuff for this game or this game itself and have no intentions of quitting anytime soon infact i even preorderd a physical copy of ATS and loaded my last $50 into steam to make sure i had the money aside for ATS there too the team here at ProMods are fantastic not only for rebuilding the world i was slowly (oh so slowly it was too) losing intrest in but resparking a new round of playing ETS2 this year alone i have logged nearly 50 hours and i work full time 7 days a week -.- im only just getting my hours up on steam though as i normally play offline and it seems to only count the hours i was online so its only a mere 17 hours on record but my save game that i started on New years day says 53 hours.

If you came here looking for much information about me i can assure you this is the only thing my friends will tell you about the last 2 years of my life i revolve around this game i LIVE this game i even DREAM about this game and what the future holds with SCS slowly but gradually building reputation as the fantastic developers they truly are.

Word of warning to anyone who hasnt played this game yet... DONT criticize it it makes you feel really strange inside when you end up loving it as much as i di... DO!!!
Last edited by pwny1320 on 30 Jan 2016 13:06, edited 1 time in total.

Dannu
Donation rank:

17 Jan 2016 19:36

G' Day and welcome to forum!
Ex-ProMods Beta Tester from 1.90 to 2.64

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

22 Jan 2016 07:41

Amazing story welcome :)
Developer for England, Channel Islands and British Columbia.

pwny1320

22 Jan 2016 12:24

penguinaz wrote:Amazing story welcome :)
and you might find it hard to believe but that's an incredibly watered down version of my story, before this game i was an alcoholic and heavy drug user this game has been more effective to me than rehab due to the fact if im off my face i cant play for S*** so i had no option but to remain sober to play it, there is also a sad tale in there too when i quit the drugs my girlfriend broke up with me because she felt bad that i had quit for a video game and not for her (not through lack of trying) i also missed out on my cat being put down as my phone was on silent and charging so it didn't vibrate and remained that way for about 3 weeks and my cat got a paralysis tick and it was so bad that they put it down (i had moved out of home and was waiting for my real estate to get back to me about having the cat with me) i lost about 3 jobs that i tried to hold down due to lack of sleep from trying to cram in as much time as possible living this game, i missed rent after losing one of my jobs and lost my house and had a lot of my stuff repo'd to cover the rent (thankfully not my computers because i argued that i wouldn't be able to get another job without them) and even lost contact with a fair few of my friends over the course of this game i have also gained about 5-10kg in fat although i was dangerously underweight from not eating during my drug taking so that's not a major biggie and i failed my college exams because i didn't study enough, but these are all stories for another time... but yeah this game has changed my life in major ways and i still haven't decided if its for the best or worse. :P either way im very happy with my life and am no longer suicidal off my face or unhealthily skinny :D

Return to “Introductions”

• Information