Hello from Lille (FR)

New users are welcome to post a short introduction here
kentora

17 Feb 2014 13:13

Hello there

I am Kentora, living actually in Lille (FR) - 28 yo. I speak German, Frech and a bit Japanese
I played Euro Tuck games since a few year.
And since my computer is repared, I am now lerning how to do mapping and making 3D models with Blender (for another hobby of mine).

Secondly I like the promods team map, with the add of new trailer and compagnies(like Scania or Ikea).

So I am here to have tips, advices and tutorials about mapping, skining on maps and modeling.
Last edited by kentora on 20 Feb 2014 14:08, edited 1 time in total.

RoadRageDude
Donation rank:

17 Feb 2014 14:55

hi Kentora how are you doing? btw welcome to the Forums! :)

sw3gameboy

17 Feb 2014 19:01

RoadRageDude wrote:hi Kentora how are you doing? btw welcome to the Forums! :)
Silly, silly question that has always bothered me but... are you responsible for every "welcome to the forums" since your registration RoadRageDude? Just curious :roll:

Btw, hello Kentora ;)

kentora

18 Feb 2014 20:32

Thanks to you

My Project is to start a 1/3 map of a part (for now) of France - completly new map (like the Hungarian map on the Scs forum

So I am now woking on the backgound map -extracted from http://www.openstreetmap.org.
But the problem is that I don't know which scale (or size I will use - I will need to search a bit) and how to include it as new background map.

Secondly, finding good tutorial about creating original map is not that easy.
So I just find a good video in german about the basis to create a map : link

Now my other problem is about saving (and put it on .scs file) the new map because when I open it again the editor I have this message at the end :
00:00:24.606 : <ERROR> [fs] Failed to open file "/map/test.mbd" in the read_only mode
00:00:24.606 : <ERROR> Error loading map /map/test.mbd
in paralelle, I am writing a tutorial with my experience

thanks in advance

sw3gameboy

18 Feb 2014 21:37

Go here and scroll down alittle bit. There Mandelsoft describes how to create an new background. Should help i think :)
Also, neat idea of creating an standalone France map, the only thing that i wonder about is which cities you plan to add (with exception of the larger ones, offcourse) :P Nevermind, good luck with your project ;)

Return to “Introductions”

• Information