introduce myself.

New users are welcome to post a short introduction here
Master_of_the_roads

08 Feb 2017 21:56

Welcome to our community van der linden, hope you stay many wonderful years and maybe contribute as a future developer, you never know what lies ahead of the curve. ;)

van der linden
Donation rank:

09 Feb 2017 09:29

Thanks Master_of_the_roads,

A few years ago I was starting with mapping in ets2, I created my own fictional autobahn, wich started from the netherlands border.
Unfortunately I lost all these files a long time ago, if I remember it good, it was in the ets2 verion 1.8.2.
Now with the Dammer Berge model I have unfortunately the problem that blender is to complicated for me, to learn.
I'm very falilair with sketchup, but that program is unfortunately not suitable for ets2 and many other games.
and I have also some good ideas for mapping, but the problem is that I cannot find a good mapping tutorial for the current version 1.26
Is there any good tutorial here on the forum for version 1.26?, the only one i found was for Ets2 version 1.8.2, and I don't know if that tutorial is actual usable for the current 1.26 version of the game.
My wish is also, to edit Puttgarden in the game, because it not looks realistic with that roundabout, and overpass bridge in front of the ferry terminal, in real life there is no roundabout in Puttgarden on the B207.
Also there is a railroad at the right side of the road in the direction heading to puttgarden comming from the BAB1, after the fehmarn bridge.
I've been there many times on a holiday trip to Lolland in Denmark, with my family.
It was back in the 90's, and the last time in 2006.
Is there on this forum a good actual tutorial of mapping for the current 1.26 version, also with the explaination of the setup of files?

here an example from goole maps, how puttgarden looks like today

as you can see it looks different as it is in the game

regards

morten

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

09 Feb 2017 11:29

The basics of that tutorial still apply. However, there is a more up-to-date tutorial: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14841
Yes, I know it says "ATS" in the title, but since ETS2 and ATS use the same game engine and editor, everything that works in that game works in ETS2 too. So check it out and try something out.

This topic may also provide answers to some questions you may have: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=7581
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

van der linden
Donation rank:

09 Feb 2017 14:38

Thanks for your advice Mandelsoft, I will take a look in the sugested topics.
This sounds very interesting for me,
because mapping can be so fun, as I experienced in version 1.8.2.
Thank you,
Edit, that's a very interesting good tutorial and very easy to understand, I give it a try, and see how far I will come.

Return to “Introductions”

• Information