Greetings

New users are welcome to post a short introduction here
Moonweb
Donation rank:

07 Oct 2017 13:13

Hello my name is Stephanie, though online I go by the name of Moonweb.

Firstly I'd like to say that I only recently started playing ETS2 and have enjoyed it immensely. I added Promods, Rusmap, The Great Steppe, Southern Region et cetera and have recognised the attention to detail I myself employ.

I am a Master of Engineering in the field of Game Design and Production, alas I also suffer with Bipolar Schizoaffective Disorder. In layman's terms I can either be found at 6am ferverously making some map, model, material, music, menu or writing code for Unity or the powerhouse that is Unreal Engine 4. (For example I came in third at Graduate Exhibition 15 with a simple AI which could learn from previous mistakes, written with C# in one month)

OR
I can be found for three straight days in bed talking to people who are not there (among much else). This disparity does not lend itself well to the world of the productive and so I find myself unemployable with severe disability pay and a LOT of time on my hands.

I write this mainly because I would like more than anything to get into the world that is Promods, starting with the abysmal shade they call "United Kingdom and Ireland".
I have not flexed my muscles in the editor (yet) but I have no doubt it will be very easy to understand once I get into it.

I make models with Blender for fun in my spare time, for example this AC Cobra I've been fiddling with on and off
This design for a machine for altering the orbital arguments of spacecraft

To end this already long-winded prosaic story I want to build maps not for single-player funtime but as a serious contributor to the Promods project and I'd like to know if there is a ggood place to start (a tutorial not for standalone maps for example)
I know this won't happen overnight and I have much to do but I wanted to put it out there in my introduction.
My name is Stephanie-may Shellam; Google me :)

Well done to the Promods team; your work is phenomenal.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

07 Oct 2017 14:12

Hi Stephanie and welcome to the forum! Interesting to read your story; I struggle with anxiety disorder (with some bipolar tendencies) myself, so I feel you. Your work looks fantastic, by the way! Have a look at the ProMods Academy section and its Show Your Work section.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Noah_Lukas

07 Oct 2017 14:23

Hello there Stephanie
Incredible work you did there you should people teach how to use Blender :D :D
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Moonweb
Donation rank:

07 Oct 2017 20:35

Thanks folks. I'll definitely be checking out all possible information. I guess I should just say 'watch this space' and when I have questions I will come here looking for answers.

Return to “Introductions”

• Information