An introduction.

New users are welcome to post a short introduction here
MaxV
Donation rank:

01 Mar 2018 22:18

Hello everyone!

MaxV checking in.
I've been playing ETS for a short amount of time but i really dig the realism of this game in terms of the scenery.
Its an ideal game for some relaxation.

I've been a hobbist modeler for Simcity 4 and Sketchup (My speciality was Powerlines.) and i'm planning to fool a little around with the tools provided with ETS.

The game has a pretty realistic powergrid and the way the pylons and such are placed is far better than anything i could ever do in Simcity. The models i made where all static with wires included. This only worked on 100% flat ground. I also modeled in a pretty inefficient way by making the lattice structure completely out of tiny bars. Allthough i still have to figure out how to create the textured pylons. I suspect its a transparent drawing placed on the boxes themselves. A little like how Sketchup used to work.

The addition of Promods made an even bigger improvement in this department (i've noticed in Germany and Holland they even found a way to include 'anchorpylons' which generally are the towers used when a corner occures.)

But first i have to figure out how to get the map editor to work. As it seems like its crashing due to Promods.

Have a good one guys,

MaxV

penguinaz
Developer
Donation rank:

02 Mar 2018 09:08

Welcome,

We always like to use regional realism for stuff like pylons. Glad you like it
Mapping... somewhere

Noah_Lukas
Developer

02 Mar 2018 14:33

Hello welcome to the forum
Ba + Bavaria + Palatinate + Hessen + NRW + Switzerland

Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

Davyddin
Donation rank:

02 Mar 2018 23:43

Hi MaxV and welcome!
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Swedofinn aka Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

• Information