Hello from Finland!

New users are welcome to post a short introduction here
Welxx

03 Aug 2018 21:15

Hello to everyone,

I'm from Finland and quite a beginner as a trucker. I have more experience of Omsi. :D

I'm actually right now considering buying ETS2 after using the demo for a while.
And I did already buy a second-hand Logitech G27 for this usage. I happened to have before that
a Thrustmaster TH8A shifter, so i'm going to use that instead of the cheap shifter that comes with the wheel.

Actually i'd have a question related to ProMods. I have watched quite a lot of videos about ProMods and it is really a well-made add-on for ETS2.
The only issue is the price of the pay-ware DLC:s i would have to buy to use ProMods. In Steam Going East, Vive la France and Scandinavia would cost 45,97 euro.
And because the ETS2 costs 19.,99, the total price would be 65,96 euro. Huh! :shock:

I know that there are some sites selling cheap codes for Steam, but i don't trust they are legal. What would be the best way to buy those DLC:s?

-Welxx

Davyddin
Donation rank:

03 Aug 2018 22:53

Morjens Welxx and welcome to the forum!
Welxx wrote:
03 Aug 2018 21:15
The only issue is the price of the pay-ware DLC:s i would have to buy to use ProMods. In Steam Going East, Vive la France and Scandinavia would cost 45,97 euro.
And because the ETS2 costs 19.,99, the total price would be 65,96 euro. Huh! :shock:

I know that there are some sites selling cheap codes for Steam, but i don't trust they are legal. What would be the best way to buy those DLC:s?
I can certainly understand your hesitation as you are faced with quite a few purchases all at once (you don't notice it as much when the purchases have been spread out over a few years...). :mrgreen: All in all, I don't think there are better ways to get the game and the DLCs than through Steam, but on the other hand, I have no personal experience of alternative means.

If you decide to go for Steam, you'll want to use the bundles for a discount. The Essentials bundle contains the, well, essentials, including the game, Going East, Scandinavia, and three other good basic DLCs. I think that's a good place to start if you like the demo. Then you'll still be lacking France for the current version of ProMods, but for the upcoming version you'll also be needing Italia. That's why it's a good idea to complete the set with the Map Booster bundle; it ought to only charge you for the maps you don't already have, and you'll get a discount here as well.

But it's a lot of money all at once, of course, so one thing you can consider is putting these on your Steam wishlist and get them as soon as there's a sale.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Return to “Introductions”

• Information