ProMods and TSM?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
kerbalman
Donation rank:

28 Feb 2016 23:14

Can ProMods be used with TSM, given that there is some overlap?

I used TSM several years ago. Then I discovered ProMods and have not used it since. TSM covers a lot of additional cities in Italy, Spain, Portugal and Northern Africa. It would be interesting to visit those places. Eventually, ProMods will extend to those locations as well.

If I must choose between ProMods and TSM, I'll stick with ProMods. If I can use both, what is the mod load order? I also use RusMap, given that it's semi-approved for use with ProMods. I use the load order that RusMap specifies in its readme.txt file.

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

29 Feb 2016 00:01

To answer your first question: no they can't be used together due to a huge overlap in France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Austria and Slovenia. And they also use a too old version of FLD's prefabs, which will immediately conflict with our more up-to-date set.

There are a few resons why the two maps never have been merged:
  • There is an agreement that we will not steal each other's stuff. Not only is that respectful towards both teams, but if we did steal stuff from them, it makes our anti-piracy fight hypocrite at the least...
  • Different objectives. TSM wanted to expand fast. We want our map to contain quality content. These two objectives clash
  • Promods is international, mainly using the English language (though most of us don't speak it as their native language). TSM is... well... German. Their English support has never been that great. And since we use English for internal communication exclusively, I think the TSM guys will find that hard to follow...
Now that even TSM wants to improve their current stuff too, they run into the problem that they have a huge area to improve while they only have like two mappers to do it. They just face the problem of "fast expansion, slow upgrade". We have a smaller map and we too more care of our quality in the first place, avoiding this problem largely, though we still have older areas that we want to improve (such as in Finland, Northern Italy and some cities in Northern Germany). Adding the fact that we also have much more man-power, you can see how we were able to keep up the quality. In the mean time, ProMods isn't that small anymore with ProMdos 2.01. Yes, we are still lacking some mapped areas in the south, but no-one has ever beat us in the North. And with RusMap, you have a huge map to explore.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

kerbalman
Donation rank:

29 Feb 2016 00:22

Thanks for the detailed explanation. I'm sticking with ProMods.

smith121363
Donation rank:

29 Feb 2016 07:08

^^^ Smart decision . ;)

xela1961

02 Mar 2016 13:32

I vote for ProMods too, it is the best map. But, I hope we have in the future (this year) also Italy, Spain, Portugal together with the actual map... and it will be awesome. So, we can drive day and night, from West to East all Europe. Thanks for this great game.

monitorjorge

02 Mar 2016 16:17

I hope someday drive in spain, italy etc with promods. The best map addon for ETS2 for me.!
PROMODS | RUSMAP | SOUTHERN REGION | GREAT STEPPE | MIDDLE EAST | LEVEL 65

IvanGF14
Developer

02 Mar 2016 23:35

You can drive in a small part of Spain in 2.01 ;)

xela1961

03 Mar 2016 07:51

IvanGF14 wrote:You can drive in a small part of Spain in 2.01 ;)
YES yes... I was there yesterday, cool place.... :lol: and also in Andorra (nice there) thanks for update ! ;)
All the best to the map worker. I saw how much work is in the mapping.

Vøytek
Developer

03 Mar 2016 21:49

You can also check this thread to see the progress and get excited about what's coming in Spain ;)
http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6227&start=1690
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

xela1961

04 Mar 2016 12:42

Zniwek wrote:You can also check this thread to see the progress and get excited about what's coming in Spain ;)
http://promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6227&start=1690
Thanks, I saw the Iberian project. The guys (maybe girls too... ;) ) make a very good job. I like it. Rebuilding quality is amazing. Sceneries are clear and awesome, can't wait to drive in these roads !!!

First I played ETS 1 and Spain was my favorite, but when ETS 2 started I get thru this one. Now, the ProMods quality changed into much more realistic roads. Today become a pleasure to drive trucks along Europe...
Thank you, and a great respect to all who working on maps. 8-)

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information