[DIS] Maps compatibility

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
Fr8i

05 Dec 2016 02:03

ScuL wrote:It makes no realistic sense whatsoever to drive a truck between Europe and Brazil. I respect the EEA team for what they do in Brazil but it should be kept in a different profile.
Yes, that´s a point of view and understandable. Otherwise a bunch of virtual trucker do not want to play strictly realistic and like to combine Promods with other maps, even it´s not that realistic. Imo these intentions should also be accepted. Furthermore getting it compatible by creating a fix is a good opportunity to learn how does a mod work and about its structure. So drawing the line about how to play ETS 2 is a personal matter so to speak. Combining EAA with Promods seems very popular, not least because PM is the actual base map to me and many other ETS 2 trucker, SCS vanilla map doesn´t exactly fit my taste and it bored me right after a short while playing ETS 2. But this is just my personal reason and btw EAA in a separate profile doesn´t prevent jobs between Europe and Brazil. Europe is still there.

Best regards
[email protected], 16GB RAM @2400MHz, MSI GTX 1070_8GB@1963MHz GPU Clock, Win 8 Prof x64
Profile:ETS2 1.35.1.13@x64(DX11)+Promods 2.41+RusMap 1.8.1.2+Paris Rebuild 2.4

No support via PM!

xela1961

05 Dec 2016 12:43

Exactly, well explained. I think is much better to have a realistic game. With ProMods combined with RusMap and Balkans Project are great. If South Region became part of this will be a big Europe. I am for develop Spain, Italy and in future East Europe... I'm not for playing Europe with EAA and other's not realistic Maps like Turkey, Coreea... I made a different profile for play them, but only for see if works and respect all map developers in their work.

brainiac
Donation rank:

05 Dec 2016 13:57

I want the biggest possible map, and on each point I want map with the best quality. So I use Promods with addons, Rusmap, in future Southern region, Eastern Express where aren't Rusmap and Southern region, (for this map talking about is forbidden), EAA, PJ Indonesia, ROC, Eldorado, Complicated roads and Island map.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

artisalifeform

12 Dec 2016 12:14

xela1961
I am sorry to say this, but IT IS REALISTIC to travel between Turkey and Europe. I personally know a trucker, who does just that. He transported cargo from Hungary to Turkey at least 50 times now, he even brings his family on the trip sometimes, like a small vacation in Turkey.

gmtavares

12 Dec 2016 13:30

artisalifeform wrote:xela1961
I am sorry to say this, but IT IS REALISTIC to travel between Turkey and Europe. I personally know a trucker, who does just that. He transported cargo from Hungary to Turkey at least 50 times now, he even brings his family on the trip sometimes, like a small vacation in Turkey.
We did not say that was not realistic, we said that the Europe-Turkey map was unrealistic!
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

xela1961

12 Dec 2016 16:00

Exactly, I was in a lot of countries in Europe in the real life. Turkey is a beautiful country ! I was in european and also in Asian part.
As gmtavares said also, the Turkey map mod for this game is not realistic. I like the game and respect to all map makers !!!! They do a great work, even who do "unrealistic" maps, but i think is better to play a realistic map (as possibble) and who wants can drive in a dream map but in other profile, not with ProMods and RusMap and PB...
I am not against other maps like EAA or (deleted by myself, sorry) TSM... Turkey, ... but I like to have the real map. Even the maps like Hungarian alone or the others 1:1 maps like Norway or Holland map are great, but as you know we have to play them with alone profiles and are OK also. I play them so, alone with different profiles. I removed som,e maps for play now on 1.26, like, the mpa.
Last edited by xela1961 on 12 Dec 2016 21:59, edited 2 times in total.

Chadedala

12 Dec 2016 17:35

EAA or Egipt, or TSM... Turkey, ... but I like to have the real map.
1. the Distance
2. the Roads
3. a lot of Buildigns

are real in Egypt 1.0

the 1st Build of the 12th of October Bridge, have the Landmarks also the right Place
( in 1.0 is this: Ramses Hilton, Nil riz Carlton, Egypt Musee, Cairo Tower).
The Places Saqqara, Dahszur, are also on her Real places. Only thing: i have done 1 road from 2 roads, that
is tribute to 1:19.

the Nil runs the real Way.

The Plateau of Giza, is in the right POsition.
Eaven the SUN goes the right Circle, and the Sphinx is seeing the Sunrise, and the Sunset is behind her.
THe Roads to the Nil Valley are - real - so good as possible, in 3 Months of Time the last Addon i have.
you will have:
Khufu , Chefren, Menkaur Pyramide
Valley Temple of Khafre and Furenary Temple
Tomb of Hemon, Tomb of Kenthkawes

= all inside the 1.0.

Al Wasta have it s Hospital and University like real, also the 2 Bridges over the Nil ( just watch Google Earth !! )
The Stone Company in Samalut, is a Tribut to History - and: in Samalut for real, are Sandstones, and a Ancient Restorer.
so:
if you call this "unreal", you just dont know anything about Egypt!

2.:
in the Fact of time only, and models / new Content + Roads:
you will in Future not find any mod, that is more Real than Egypt.
The Time that is inside there, ist max of Details and Realism.
2.0 is absolutly the "realest" Place in ETS2 this time.

Promods are VERY Authentic
but cairo or Alexandria, is so real, that you can ask a Guy in Egypt, and he tells you what place you visit.

the 1.0 is not so "unreal" like you think.
Please do NOT complain it to Fantasy Cards!!! THAT S WRONG!.

sorry but this makes me mad!

gmtavares

12 Dec 2016 19:11

@Chadedala
I agree. The Egyptian map is realistic.

So is EAA. EAA had been working hard to make a realistic map of Brazil, and, in many areas, specially in the coast, they have achieved this.

Southern region is also a good map, that will be ProMods compatible.
Too bad that ProMods and Southern region are not cooperating on a ferry connection.
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

brainiac
Donation rank:

12 Dec 2016 19:45

Problems with EAA are almost all standard interchanges, some highways with less lanes than real and coped SCS cites.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

CAPLV
Donation rank:

12 Dec 2016 21:09

with upgrade to 1.26 i decided to remove Egypt and PJ Indo maps.. mostly because.. there are no real connections with promods Europe.
// ETS2 v.1.36+Promods 2.43+Roextended 2.4(P)+RSK Turkey 1.9.5+RusMap 2.0+Southern Region 7.9+TGS 1.36 //

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information