[DIS] Maps compatibility

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
gmtavares

14 Dec 2017 13:49

I say yes to all the questions you just asked @Stringbean
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

Stringbean

14 Dec 2017 15:07

That's great. Thank you.

arfahamizan

04 Apr 2018 14:20

for promods team please adjust promods + YKS team turkey + Rusmap + Poland rebuilding + Pj. indo map + southern region + great steppe project + project balkan pls. it will be the greatest and most complete map in ets2 please add it thank you :) you're the best modder :D :D @promodsteam

bmwGTR

04 Apr 2018 14:55

Hi,

ProMods does not make compatibility to other maps, other maps have to be compatible with ProMods (if they want to).

Best regards,
bmwGTR
ETS2: ProMods + RusMap + The Great Steppe
ATS: ProMods + Grand Canyon + Reforma

ProMods Moderator since April 2018

arfahamizan

22 May 2018 08:10

Crash At Drammen Norway :(

tomsun66
Donation rank:

22 May 2018 08:31

bmwGTR wrote:
04 Apr 2018 14:55
Hi,

ProMods does not make compatibility to other maps, other maps have to be compatible with ProMods (if they want to).

Best regards,
bmwGTR
I tink this behaviour is quite shortsighted and arrogant, and i think that is not the official spelling but your spelling.

Of course PM has kind of a leading role, and in kind of problems it has a heavier role than the other maps.
But if you take your comment seriously, than you say even SCS has to adjust to PM and not PM to SCS, That is really arrogant!

PM has to find a way to help the other maps to be compatible, and if the problem is on hand of PM the others have not to find a workaround, but PM has to fix it.

It always should be a work together and not "I'm the prince and you the beggar", that's what your comment sound to me if i take it literally.

I'm surprised to read it in that way from a Mod.

Thats my personal opinion

Best Regards
Tom
AMD Ryzen 9 3900x, gigabyte 1080ti, 32 GB, 3440*1440 Resolution, Logitech G25

realdeal350
Developer

22 May 2018 09:11

We already have enough on our plates dealing with such a large team and a large map, and we need to put a lot of focus into ensuring that we get a release out on time and keep everyone happy. We keep compatibility with RusMap but we don't have time to ensure compatibility with every small map mod out there, it's impossible.
Spain developer
Canada developer
Regional Co-ordinator for the Roman region

Languages: English, italiano

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

22 May 2018 09:25

We don't have to build compatibility with every map out there. We provide a base for multiple maps that are dependent on us. We cannot serve everyone and we have to adhere to all changes SCS makes. If a map is not compatible with ProMods, it's either by choice or it's inherently incompatible (like TSM or MHA Pro). And there are many, many map mods out there.

Don't expect us to build compatibility with every single one of them, especially when said map mods are in conflict with each other (like multiple Romania maps). Compatibility with ProMods is their choice and responsibility, not ours.

And finally, we have enough on our plate already. Realising our own plans and maintaining our mod update after update is already hard enough. Don't ask us to make our job harder than it already is.
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

CptCaribbean

22 May 2018 12:36

arfahamizan wrote:
04 Apr 2018 14:20
for promods team please adjust promods + YKS team turkey + Rusmap + Poland rebuilding + Pj. indo map + southern region + great steppe project + project balkan pls. it will be the greatest and most complete map in ets2 please add it thank you :) you're the best modder :D :D @promodsteam
YKS is barely compatible with ProMods. It may crash your game.
Poland Rebuilding won't crash but will get you some important bugs at some places.
arfahamizan wrote:
22 May 2018 08:10
Crash At Drammen Norway :(
Please provide us your game.log. Otherwise we won't be able to help you.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

DziksonPL

26 May 2018 22:41

How to connect Promods v.2.26 , RusMap v.1.8, Russian Open Spaces v.5.5, The Great Steppe v.1.0.3 and Southern Region v.5.0.0?
ProMods + RusMap + Great Steppe + Sothern Region + Turkey Map + Russian Open Space + Poland Rebuilding + Romania Extended + Scandinavia Addon

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information