Mod: The Road Life Simulator?

You can talk about anything here (but respect the rules)
LadySurveyor

03 Jul 2016 16:41

Hello guys!

I just thought up something that modders could do and that is to just work on roads only and nothing else? A map with no building just roads and roads!

You can drive cars in the game with mods so why haven't any one thought of having just terrain and loads of roads to drive on so you can practice and experience all the complicated intersection of the world? It make it easier to create a map of your own home town so you can drive on it in the game. It won't be decorated with buildings and all kinds of plants but you will be able to finally drive with out fear in the game! Experiencing all the driving of the roads you see in your own country!

This also could be very useful as the developer could use this in their game to expand europe and get closer to matching all the roads in europe and America.

I know they are already lots of roads in the game but i suppose the difference with this idea is that it will almost resemble the city of CA with out the buildings but just at a smaller scale.

For example all these roads can be in a mod for the game but at a smaller scale. So you get a taste of what it is like to be on those roads with the AI traffic. Its not going to feel like the real thing but at least you get to see the signs, traffic lights, intersection. So you can drive out and experience the real thing with confidence. :) You can drive in a car and drive on smaller roads and exp more things in this Mod road simulator?

There be no road blocks as you can freely drive and see where the road takes you and see how good your skill are in navigating the complex road that awaits you! I don't need building i just need road signs and i could put down a few buildings as sign indicators to help. But i think it would be real fun! :)

So interesting idea? As I am very eager to try it out! :) I hope others will see this a good idea. :) I having so much fun in google just moving around on the roads in google street even if it is just one pic at a time!

Vøytek
Developer

03 Jul 2016 23:50

Sure it can be interesting but even without terrain it's still very time consuming... You can try to make it and then even add terrain or buildings in the future ;)
The biggest problem with developing our ideas is always time and lack of real assets that we'd like to use.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

LadySurveyor

04 Jul 2016 05:38

Hello! you add terrain so the roads are not all flat but what do you mean its time consuming? Is it hard putting down roads in the map editor?

Vøytek
Developer

04 Jul 2016 12:01

Check it yourself ;)

Maybe it's not hard if you learn how to work in map editor but it depends how fast and how accurate you are. I was building one interchange (only roads without terrain) for few hours so creating such map will take many months.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Breech Loader
Donation rank:

15 Nov 2016 14:36

One thing that occurred to me on reading this was the idea of terrain-based roads. Like, some roads might be full of potholes (like, ALL British roads), others are beauties to drive on. Also, where you see roadworks, the road is being worked on in some way, not just a few vehicles by the side of the road. The M1 is ALWAYS being worked on, not just city roads. You actually HEAR them at work, or see them on the road more prominently.

The physics are all in there, so why not?

brainiac
Donation rank:

22 Nov 2017 18:55

I am thinking about this long time. I very like to drive on wide highways with complex interchanges and sometimes I like to get off the highways and drive across realistic boulevards (in terms of lanes), but now there aren't any in game. Big American cities fullfil those criterias.
Most likely that I will start with San Diego when I will finish with Russia and work in parallel with rebuilding EAA highways.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Mahlangu

15 Dec 2017 22:18

can you give me the link? real life mod

ETS2-User
Developer

16 Dec 2017 00:51

How can there be a link to something that doesn't exist?
Developer for Austria and Svalbard
Creator of the Radiator Springs mod for ATS
Mods by ETS2-User: Facebook page

brainiac
Donation rank:

16 Dec 2017 01:29

It won't be real life mod, but mod with main focus on freeways and streets, both with correct number of lanes.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

brainiac
Donation rank:

18 Jul 2020 15:33

Maybe I should link this thread with the implementation of the idea:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

Return to “Off-topic”

• Information