[REL] Southern Region Map 10.9 [1.43]

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
gmtavares

07 Jan 2017 16:46

samuray wrote: Even though the assets and map all is very high quality for further compatibility and integration with Promods and Rusmap the layout and the scale of the map should be reworked. I don't know if all those one/none company cities should have been added because map looks very crowded. Also the scale is wrong and the southern part of the Russia is already where the country of Georgia should be. That will prevent successful connection to Turkey in the future.

Also Rusmap was developed in incompatible scale some time ago but aldimator reworked it to fit with the default scale 1:19 what are used by all the most popular mods based on the default Europe map including Promods. As far as I can see the popularity of Rusmap has risen a lot since then.
I agree that it could be cut and pasted a bit further north. It would make it more realistic in terms of scale. It is not that bad, but you can still see it.

As for the one or no company cities, it is not that bad! I like it :P , reminds you of a rural area. :)

If they were to rescale, an integration would be easier! And ProMods or RusMap could start working in the Caucasus and Trukey faster. ;)
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

Vladzz-G
Developer

07 Jan 2017 17:36

Bug reports for Southern Region map
Topic for reporting any bugs or issues, which you found on SRM area or caused by SRM map mod in another places.

While reporting, include following information:
1. SRM map version and ETS2 patch version numbers
2. What this bug/error represents
3. Screenshots + screenshots of bug location (in ets2mods.ru users rarely post coordinates, but feel free to post coordinates as well)
If you play SRM together with ProMods, include also this information.

IMPORTANT: Post reports there in RUSSIAN language, as ets2mods.ru is russian ETS2 community forum!
You can use Google Translate and post original (preferably, english) text next to translation.

You should register in ets2mods.ru forum for posting anything there and your first 30 posts should approved my ets2mods.ru moderator.
ETS2 HQ: Balvi (LV)
ETS2 truck license plate: NI-7211
ATS HQ: San Francisko (California)
ATS truck license plate: VP96851

Main developer of Baltic merge project
Main developer of Finland project

Fr8i

07 Jan 2017 18:32

Vladzz-G wrote:Bug reports for Southern Region map
Thank you for the hint. I´ve added this to the first post.

best regards
[email protected], 16GB RAM @2400MHz, MSI GTX 1070_8GB@1963MHz GPU Clock, Win 8 Prof x64
Profile:ETS2 1.35.1.13@x64(DX11)+Promods 2.41+RusMap 1.8.1.2+Paris Rebuild 2.4

No support via PM!

SkyWlf77
Donation rank:

08 Jan 2017 00:53

ETS2-User wrote:How dare you? This pirates all the assets from DLC France. Assets for which the price of not even 20€ is more than justified with the amazing work and thousands of hours having gone into them.
Seriously? Argh. Ok, I'm going to forget I ever saw that particular file and send it to the trash bin. Thanks for the heads up.

To the OP: My apologies for the brief off-topic hijack of your thread over this issue. To go back on topic, I'll return to my original question: Is there an older version available somewhere that will allow those of us without the France DLC to run this mod?

-Jason

glebkaglebka

08 Jan 2017 02:41

This happens to me also. The same error is present when you drive M4 road just after the road splits into M29 to Stavropol and M4 to Pavlovskaya.
yaumeister wrote:Game crashed to desktop with following OpenGL fault, somewhere down highway from Rusmap to SR (just north of Kamensk-Shakhtinsky).

Code: Select all

00:25:46.351 : <ERROR> [gl] unable to map attribute (v.tangent)
00:25:46.351 : <ERROR> [gfx] Failed to create pipeline setup for (/model/srmod/reflective_post/ref_post_old.mat - fwdopaque)
00:25:57.056 : <WARNING> [material] Overriding unexpected queue_bias value 2 in material '/model/srmod/dextor/veg/veg/bush_kavkaz8.mat'.
00:25:59.182 : <ERROR> [gl] unable to map attribute (v.tangent)
00:25:59.182 : <ERROR> [gfx] Failed to create pipeline setup for (/model/srmod/reflective_post/ref_post_old.mat - fwdopaque)
00:25:59.191 : <ERROR> [gl] unable to map attribute (v.tangent)
00:25:59.191 : <ERROR> [gfx] Failed to create pipeline setup for (/model/srmod/reflective_post/ref_post_old.mat - defattr)
00:25:59.222 : <ERROR> [gl] unable to map attribute (v.tangent)
00:25:59.222 : <ERROR> [gfx] Failed to create pipeline setup for (/model/srmod/reflective_post/ref_post_old.mat - fwdopaque)
00:25:59.226 : <ERROR> [gl] unable to map attribute (v.tangent)
00:25:59.226 : <ERROR> [gfx] Failed to create pipeline setup for (/model/srmod/reflective_post/ref_post_old.mat - defattr)
00:26:04.730 : <ERROR> [gl] unable to map attribute (v.tangent)
00:26:04.730 : <ERROR> [gfx] Failed to create pipeline setup for (/model/srmod/reflective_post/ref_post_old.mat - fwdopaque)
00:26:04.735 : <ERROR> [gl] unable to map attribute (v.tangent)
00:26:04.735 : <ERROR> [gfx] Failed to create pipeline setup for (/model/srmod/reflective_post/ref_post_old.mat - defattr)
00:26:04.763 : <ERROR> [gl] unable to map attribute (v.tangent)
00:26:04.763 : <ERROR> [gfx] Failed to create pipeline setup for (/model/srmod/reflective_post/ref_post_old.mat - fwdopaque)
00:26:04.767 : <ERROR> [gl] unable to map attribute (v.tangent)
00:26:04.767 : <ERROR> [gfx] Failed to create pipeline setup for (/model/srmod/reflective_post/ref_post_old.mat - defattr)
00:26:28.164 : <ERROR> [gl] unable to map attribute (v.tangent)
00:26:28.164 : <ERROR> [gfx] Failed to create pipeline setup for (/model/srmod/reflective_post/ref_post_old.mat - fwdopaque)
00:26:28.202 : <ERROR> [gl] unable to map attribute (v.tangent)
00:26:28.202 : <ERROR> [gfx] Failed to create pipeline setup for (/model/srmod/reflective_post/ref_post_old.mat - fwdopaque)

astronomer
Donation rank:

09 Jan 2017 22:30

samuray wrote: I don't know if all those one/none company cities should have been added because map looks very crowded.
Very crowded??? :?: You are fact inteligent (sarcasm) :lol: You say, what is difference between little villages from Southern region, but view on map and little villages from DLC Viva la France or Promods, but no view on map? Some change in settings :!:

Gigiinjo

10 Jan 2017 09:29

one quick help. downloaded all parts. put them in the same map and tried to unzip first part. it says model 1 is corrupted. where im doing wrong? already redownloaded a few times. also tried with winrar/7zip.
i i try to unzip manually the other parts it says that ''this file cannot be opened as archive''.

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

10 Jan 2017 13:11

No Support via PM!

Fr8i

10 Jan 2017 13:13

Hi there.
gmtavares wrote:I agree that it could be cut and pasted a bit further north. It would make it more realistic in terms of scale. It is not that bad, but you can still see it.
There´re some news about the issue regarding the scale. At first, please keep in mind UK is mapped in a different scale than the rest of europe by default as well, so this shouldn´t prevent compatibility with Promods. It´s just a question of cooperation and decisions. And btw: 1:19 is quite not realistic. It´s just default scale of SCS, Promods, TSM or MHA. SimKA follows the comments here and made a poll, if SR should be rescaled or not:

https://vk.com/srmap_ets2

He told frankly what a rescale (or better: cut back) means:
SR Team wrote:It turns out that for the further compatibility ProMods (adequate interface with Turkey), on the map just have to leave Yeisk, Krasnodar, Novorossiysk, Anapa, Temryuk, Rostov and Stavropol, as it is the only city that somehow accommodates himself scale of 1 to 19 and a standard substrate, and the distance between the them to fall slightly and removing any settlements. From Hadyzhensk, Tuapse, Sochi, Maikop and all regional settlements, all the settlements, as well as the Karachayevo-Cherkessia will have to be abandoned.

As a result, we obtain a map of 7 cities, but for a full support ProMods, but about all the forest roads and so, alas, will have to forget. (google translation)
He also let the community decite (a very fair and helpful gesture) by voting if to do so or not. Until now the vast majority has given a clear statement about this topic: no, do not do this!

I studied the comments (of course, only by google translation) a bit, it seems very clear: the russians do not want to see "Mother Russia" cut back just for getting a Promods addon between RusMap and Turkey. From my view this position is quite understandable.

So far it´s the current state about this topic. In my humble opinion, SR has very good and growing potential and the current scale should be kept since it make you feel the russian wideness. Of course, this map has still some errors and issues, but that´s the same with other maps as well. Also the southern area would have been gone with a rescale. What a waste of time and good work. So right now I enjoy to combine this map with Promods and Rusmap as long as I can.

Best regards
[email protected], 16GB RAM @2400MHz, MSI GTX 1070_8GB@1963MHz GPU Clock, Win 8 Prof x64
Profile:ETS2 1.35.1.13@x64(DX11)+Promods 2.41+RusMap 1.8.1.2+Paris Rebuild 2.4

No support via PM!

bumbumek

10 Jan 2017 14:17

It would be such a loss...And all because of the wrong scale? :(

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information