[REL] Realistic Russian highways, Better tr. flow and other mods

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
brainiac
Donation rank:

18 Aug 2017 20:19

Ussualy it depend of compatibility of original maps. I will check when I download 1.28.
Until that, I will try to finish signs around St. Peterburg. 2 interchanges are left.
Working on San Diego map, 2:5 scale: www.promods.net/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=25293
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and
- company advisors (which companies to put where)

Henter

20 Aug 2017 21:08

The russian highway mod is amazing..The only problem is that the AI consantly dissapears when getting onto the ramps on both the moscow ringroad and st petersburg ringroad. Another problem is that sometimes your ramps and bridges have very low clearance causing my trailer to hit them on both moscow ringroad and st petersburg ringroad..And i'm not even using heavy cargo loads.. The AI's cargo trailers also go through the bridges, indicating how low clearance your bridges are in your ringroad interchanges.
FYI - On SCS Forum, I am known as "Ways71"

brainiac
Donation rank:

21 Aug 2017 01:42

Thank you.
AI disappearing - Promods can't solve it, we hope for solution in 1.28.
List at least interchanges with low bridges, if you don't want to screenshot them. I found onle 1.

In half of hour I will finish placing signs on M10 to Valday.

EDIT:
Here is one very nice picture:
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

Master_of_the_roads

22 Aug 2017 15:05

Hi brainiac, I neglected to ask about this detail, would the Rebuilt Hungarian interchanges be compatible with the current (at least for me now) PM 2.17 ? I don't intend to up the ante for the game any time sooner, as I'm waiting for the newer computer set to be delivered in a few weeks and this computer runs fine as it is with the current older less powerful specs.

As far as I know or remember, you created the Rebuilt Hungarian interchanges for PM 2.16, maybe you've decided to update them for 2.17, I don't really know, but it is a theory that they might work on this version too.

Sorry to bother you with that, it's just an old question coming out now after having succesfully settled in at my workplace and gained steady employment status.

I must however point out that whenever I used your Promods better traffic flows in addition to the whole set of flows, I've seen duplications of nearly every traffic sign or traffic light a.k.a semaphore. Not sure if it was intended to do that when you tested it, I'm speaking of, of course, an older version of your work, maybe now that you've released and improved upon, those duplications have stopped. For the record, I was using only your official order and none other. I keep my eyes on the newest PM release as well, but my computer shows signs of fatigue and that means, don't apply it right now, wait for more RAM and better specs, it'll be worth the wait.

I'm going to test in another test profile using your latest Promods traffic flow if the duplication symptoms have gone away, I hope so. Maybe this is due to a faulty older mod that creates drag where it shouldn't.

Still using some of your work, still impresses me, after so many months and many game hours, don't stop there my friend. Keep them coming. ;)

brainiac
Donation rank:

22 Aug 2017 15:48

Thank you.
Master_of_the_roads wrote:
Hi brainiac, I neglected to ask about this detail, would the Rebuilt Hungarian interchanges be compatible with the current (at least for me now) PM 2.17 ?
Since Promods 2.17 is only bug-fixed 2.16, and nobody found bugs on it, it is compatible with 2.17 as much as with 2.16.
Master_of_the_roads wrote:
I must however point out that whenever I used your Promods better traffic flows in addition to the whole set of flows, I've seen duplications of nearly every traffic sign or traffic light a.k.a semaphore. Not sure if it was intended to do that when you tested it, I'm speaking of, of course, an older version of your work, maybe now that you've released and improved upon, those duplications have stopped. For the record, I was using only your official order and none other. I keep my eyes on the newest PM release as well, but my computer shows signs of fatigue and that means, don't apply it right now, wait for more RAM and better specs, it'll be worth the wait.
I am not sure what cause doubling semaphores. In Scaninavia it is natural, but not in Finland. I replied with replacing Scandinavia crossroad with France in all Finland. But I can't search all places where are Scandinavian crossroads. E.g. I know Leipzig and Bremenhavn, but how much cities have?
Today I downloaded 1.28 and in next few days I will make compatibility version of all mods (in Russia will be nice surprise) and I will try to find where is problem.

EDIT: I finished Finland and didn't found double semaphores. I think that Improved semaphore cycles cause that, because I edited crossroad prefabs, but I can't do anything without Zmodeler license.
Also, I noticed it on Volgograd in combination with Promods, but I always fix it in better traffic flow.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

Master_of_the_roads

22 Aug 2017 22:07

Thank you for replying so quickly, in none of those cases, Improved semaphore cycles were in use, as I don't really need them, content with those existing. Now I can relax, sit back and enjoy the ride even with Rebuilt Hungarian interchanges, those are very special indeed.

Because of the interaction by your Better traffic flows and Cipinho's Real Traffic mod for Promods, it's possible that I'm using one of his outdated versions and that causes the problem I mentioned in one of my previous posts. Not sure why, just a theory at the moment. Happy trucking. :)

brainiac
Donation rank:

23 Aug 2017 22:48

Can you believe that I was updating Better traffic flow for EAA whole day?
EDIT:
Better traffic flows for Promods and EAA and Rebuilt Hungarian interchanges are updated.
Budapest is now accesible directly from M1 and M3.
Realistic Russian highways will wait a bit because I am rebuilding M1 and I arrived to Smolensk where are last interchanges before border. Then I will rebuild M3 to Kaluga, but it is one interchange.
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

xela1961

24 Aug 2017 10:55

Great and Wonderful job on what you do Brainiac !!!
But somehow, can you write on fist page on each your work, when you update it ? So, we can see all the time what is new. Which one was updated from all of your rebuild interchanges. To download just the new one.
Thanks for your work.
for ex. :
Southern region: Uploaded on: 2017-07-02
http://promods.net/sm_forward.html?lnk=/6lbki9fjdzwb/Bette ... 2.zip.html
Project Balkans: Uploaded on: 2017-07-17
http://promods.net/sm_forward.html?lnk=/4u26hgc2n9i7/Bette ... 5.zip.html
Hungary map: Uploaded on: 2017-04-21
http://promods.net/sm_forward.html?lnk=/ror1tx3rtrvg/Bette ... p.zip.html

shaveldima

24 Aug 2017 11:37

brainiac wrote:
23 Aug 2017 22:48
Can you believe that I was updating Better traffic flow for EAA whole day?
EDIT:
I am rebuilding M1 and I arrived to Smolensk where are last interchanges before border.
i hope that M1 on Belarus side also will be rebuild as well

brainiac
Donation rank:

24 Aug 2017 13:19

Xela:
Thank you.
No, because older mod can be newer because of original mod version. E.g. Better traffic flow for Southern region will be newer than for Promods 2.18 after releasing 2.2. But I can write versions.
In Better traffic flows I DIDN'T rebuild interchanges, just extended standard. I rebuilt only in Hungary and Russia.

Shaveldima:
Yes, but as I said, later, because most interchanges are custom and even if they are incorrect, still are better than standard in Russia.
EDIT:
I forgot, I don't have source of information for Belarus, so can someone help me?
I NEED HELP for:
- landscape
- details
- signage and

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information