Promods - Egypt Ferry Addon (Barcelona - Livorno)

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
DMNerd

07 Feb 2017 21:44

Promods - Egypt Ferry Addon
by DMNerd, ports added by yang20

What does it do?
-Ports to Barcelona and Livorno (HUGE thanks and all credit to yang20!)
-Connections between these ports and Cairo
-realistic distance between those places (entfernungsrechner.net helped out a lot)

Why do I need it ?
In my opinion it really helps with immersion, so you don't have to go to cairo from the channel tunnel station, which in concept is completely absurd. This small mod or tweak rather makes it better to swallow, but generally speaking, you do not need it ;)

Is there a way to remove the channel tunnel travel option?
There is, but you would have to do it yourself, as I can't reuplouad the Egypt addon without the ferries, I could have tutorial posted on manually removing it if there is enough feedback.

Download:
Warning, the mod is really a version 1.01, I could add or tweak some things later, but I just want to know other's opinions for now.
http://promods.net/sm_forward.html?lnk=/pq07sfc4nfmk/Promo ... n.scs.html

Screenshot:
https://i.imgur.com/4xrzfs2.jpg

Credits:
-yang20 for the port addons (Huge thanks, still waiting to hear back for him :/)
-Promods team (Awesome work on the new release guys!)
-RustyNail666 for the Egypt addon (Still waiting for the new version, it looks great !)
-Last and least, Me - DMNerd for basically nothing ;)

Current version statement (edit)
I am aware of the fact this will become obsolete when the 2.0 of rust nail's addon launches. This is just an improvisatory option for the current version immersion improvement.
Last edited by DMNerd on 10 Feb 2017 22:52, edited 2 times in total.

DMNerd

07 Feb 2017 21:54

Btw, I will update the mod tomorrow, consider this just a pre-release that should work for now, but I will correct it tomorow after school.

Chadedala

08 Feb 2017 01:59

It is okay, if you do your Ferry to Egypt ( 1.0 )

but you have notice that i have my own Ferry ?

so: i am sorry, but all your "ideas" or "improvements" are nice.
but the Binding to the Promods <-> egypt 2.0 will be 100% different, from all ways you this Time can do.

so:
Cairo , is only a "choice if you want" connection.

The real Connection, will be to "Alexandria" ( about Ferry )
indeed: also joins the "Borg al Arab Airport" but will be no "travel Connection", only a Company (Future ).

I love, that you will do a Ferry Connection to Egypt, but i want to say:
... it s a lot of Work for "nothing".

Egypt 2.0 will have NONE Binding to Spain
or other Countrys, without the real countrys, you can Travel to Egypt ( over Ferry - in the Past )
This time is no connection "real" to egypt, but: the Past connection will be the Visemar One
( so the Visemar Line > to Egypt, in her Original, real Connection - bind to the Promods )

I am really sorry, i love what you do, but i can not support it in a 2.0.
Please pay also attensione to:

Nearly all Sectores of Egypt will be change with 2.0.
So ...

Happy to see your Work
but ... 2.0 is coming with big Steps.

Best Greetings, Rusty.

PPS: so you really interested in Egypt, contact me, than we see, if we can work together
or you can join the Team.

With a "Solo Mod" Outside of Egypt + Promods
you do a lot of Work for nothing.

Like i say about:
... i do not want Ferrys from Spain to Egypt.
I want to do the Visemar one, as a real Connection, between Promods and Egypt, and only from THAT places,
the Visemar One really travels, in the past.

no fantasy Connections.
Because: there never was any road from Spain to Egypt.
And i think: it is good, to keep this, because:
the Ferrys and the Connections, should be real - like the Reality.
Not like Fantasy.
If i do fantasy, i can also keep the connection to Goeteburg
... that is just: "fantasy" in the Past
not for the future.
Egypt, have absolutly changed.

Vøytek
Developer

08 Feb 2017 02:26

@Chadedala - every user has a choice. If he wants such ferry connection, he can use it and share it with other players who want to use it too ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

DMNerd

08 Feb 2017 06:00

@Chadedala Of course I know it will be different, and i am looking forward to it but since it will probably take you some time, for the time being this might come handy.

If you finish the 2.0 this will become obsolete and I will certainly remove it :) I am really not too keen on this idea too much, it is just an improvisation.

And like I mentioned in the credits, I love your work and what I tought I do not have to mention is that I respect your development ideas as much as the other guy that will be using your addon :) I am really looking forward to it, and I am really sorry if you do not like my current improvisatory connection.

Master_of_the_roads

08 Feb 2017 13:28

Many thanks for this incredible addon, one quick question, does it go higher in the mods manager, for example above the original PM and other addons' files ?

I've been using the Promods Ferry addon for quite a while now, combined with the Southern Region ferry addon, I must say, I'm amazed. :)

DMNerd

08 Feb 2017 13:53

Not that amazing :) If you use the official load order, I would advise you to put it just over where project balcans would be. It should certainly be over the Egypt addon, otherwise there shouldn't be any conflicts

Btw I am interested in the southern region ferry addon, could you leave me a link ? :D

Master_of_the_roads

08 Feb 2017 14:00

Thank you, and about my conflicts, there weren't any, was just talking generally about my load order, it's official, yes, so far not even a glitch. I was also thinking similarily about the priority order, above PB files.

Of course I'm waiting for any new updates also. Have a nice day. :)

Sure, I think the link was provided by Yang20 PM and Souhtern Region team on ets2.lt .

Here it is : https://ets2.lt/en/ferry-connection-con ... ysk-v-1-0/

Like said before, the original creators are PM, Yang20 and Simka.

The addon does port you from Constanta in Romania to Novorossiysk in Southern Russia, which would normally require to have been driven to going through Poland, Belarus and Russia (continental northern part plus western and a bit of eastern as well). I'm uncertain as to are there any bugs with that addon, but so far it's been amazing.

Happy trucking. ;)
Last edited by Master_of_the_roads on 08 Feb 2017 14:15, edited 1 time in total.

yang20

08 Feb 2017 16:33

Hello. I glad I could help You. Unfortunatelly this addon wont work correctly with version of Promods because mod overwriting map files of Promods for version 2.15. When new version appear it will have new bugfixed sectors (for example will be fixed bug with diffrent direction of road close port in Livorno). But I'll try to make a new one.
@Master_of_the_roads Thanks you for linked it. I will work here to make navigation work.
Currently driving SCANIA S
PM2.40+RusMap 1.8.1+Great Steppe 1.2+Southern Region 7.8
Beta-tester of Project Balkans

DMNerd

08 Feb 2017 17:11

@yang20 Wow thanks for comming in :) Understood that, I just got home so I am just currently getting into testing :/

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information