[REL] Tallinn-Stockholm ferry for ProMods

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

19 Jan 2018 16:17

This is an essential mod since that ferry IS needed because it's more realistic than going through Finland (I don't care about job prices since I have a load of money), but are you going to update it?
*edit* I found the solution, sorry for bumping. Post can be deleted if needed.
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

Nissantruck

08 Mar 2018 13:00

I dont care about the money,if i can use a ferry in a same way as i do in the real life.
It is also possible to take a ferry mod,that somebody else did do and change the routes for the ferries manually by yourself.
I mean if you know how to do that.
I have done just like that,so that i could use a ferry that goes from Helsinki Finland to Rostock Germany,that is only one ferry route that i did change to have more realism to my Ets2 ferry routes,but i did do the same thing for few other ferry routes too.
So you can take for example the Realistic Ferries mod and change it in the way,that is best for you,with for example winrar.
Download the mod,unpack it,pack it again for example with winrar and open the file by using for example winrar(open archive)and change the ferry routes inside of the def file,by changing the ferry routes city names to some other city that has a ferry port.
You need to do that two times,because the ferry port files have the names of the ports always two times.For example change the Vaasa-Umeå ferry route names to Helsinki-Rostock and Umeå-Vaasa to Rostock-Helsinki in the def files and then you should have a new ferry route,even when the file name will say that you still will have the old ferry route,but it really is something else now.
It should work like that.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Shiva

09 Mar 2018 14:21

It is possible to create new routes for existing harbour points. Without removing existing.
Youtube video of a Semi Truck in Monaco 2011. Route driven. Possible modern ETS2 routes 1 and 2 and their combinations.
ProMods v2.33 and RusMap v1.8.1 load order for ETS2 1.34

Davyddin
Donation rank:

09 Mar 2018 17:22

Yes, it is, quite easily. You need only create new connection definition files in def\ferry\connection. Have a look at the existing ones and I think you will find it straightforward.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Nissantruck

09 Mar 2018 17:34

Shiva wrote:
09 Mar 2018 14:21
It is possible to create new routes for existing harbour points. Without removing existing.
Yes it is,because i usually will keep the old routes too,if there is enough empty places to do them.I mean there usually is only few empty boxes,where the route connection/city names are.
You can see the boxes,when you choose your ferry route after you are inside the ferry and you can make your own ferry routes to those empty boxes,but only if there is empty places for that,the ferry routes,that you did do will not work if you make a new route to any city/route if the route list is full of city/port names.
So then you must delete one ferry route or only use it how i did explain it to you by replacing an old one or make new ones to the empty ferry route connection places.
That is how i do it and it usually works like that with my Ets2.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJ_5lE ... IZu7IkSXYw
Senior Beta-Tester and translator for the Finnish language and
the Local language Moderator for the Finnish language in Discord.

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information