Russian Open Spaces v6.0 [1.31]

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
CptCaribbean

13 May 2018 15:28

In case of a game crash, could you please post your game.log? Otherwise we will not be able to help you.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

13 May 2018 16:05

sure, here it is.

but before you´re saying again "ROS is not compatible, remove that", i am running an experiment of getting it to work with promods, Project Balkans, poland rebuilding and other maps.

OlavEmil has it already at work, he said poland rebuild is needed for that. so i loaded all the stuff that whrere shown in the list on page before. But i use not EAA or Indo map or something. I just wanna have Europe and that ROS map iin addition.

and some people here made it work, so i try it by myself too.

I know about different scale and the other things. i am aware of it. Please remember that, before simply saying: don´t use ROS with promods because it is not compatible.

I am only tryinh what others made work.

And the load order of the maps is from the list before. On my main and other profiles i have the "officially recommended" loadorder for PM, RM, SR and GS. This here now is some kind of a "test-baloon"

Thanks !
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Noah_Lukas

13 May 2018 16:12

I'm not sure with your load order the PM RM connection has to be on top of the Promods-Rusmap order.
But in general your mod folder is remarkably filled. ;)
Developer for Germany and France
Regional Coordinator for the Central Region

CptCaribbean

13 May 2018 16:26

Never said that ROS isn't compatible but ok.

Bieten Map needs ETS2 version 1.28 as well as ProMods 2.20 to work.
Poland Rebuilding may misplace some objects at some places. Compatible though. (remarking the "compatible" word).

MG Mike
Donation rank:

13 May 2018 17:39

CptCaribbean wrote:
10 May 2018 17:59
ROS isn't geographically compatible with other map mods using a 1:19 scale, so no.
Captain, sorry i was thinking on that post.

Mhm..ok as i already wrote, the loard order is based on that from kimmerya on page 11 from this threat.

It´s currently the same ecept i don´t use EAA or Indo map.

ok. in the fixes there is a single fix for Berlin with ROS first i had it in...then because of the crash i tried without that, but without game crashes allready at loading the last save from the profile, so that fix is needed.

i`ll put it back and them try to put the promods russmap connection over the PM RM order as Noah Lukas mentioned.

Edit..
So it seems to be working now.. I've replaced the promods Russmap road connection and untill now there was no more crash when pressing escape to get to the menu..

I needed a zoom fix. I tried the zoom fix from Fr8y that was mentioned for the SR map in the first place.
It seems to works with ROS too

One little problem left is the Google maps mod that I am using. If I put it on top of the zoom fix, the zoom fix has gone.. If I put the zoom fix on top I had not the blue gray colors from the Google maps mod..

Is there any navigation mod with other graphics as the normal route advisor which does not influence the zoom fix?

But that is a minor problem for now.

More Important for me is the fact that it's working now. So I have now Promods, Russmap, Great Steppe. And as new maps Project Balkan, Poland rebuilt and ROS of course, so I believe there is pretty much to discover.
The new loading screens are promising :) and there is new music in the menu... Is it from ROS too??

CptCaribbean

13 May 2018 19:39

ROS is indeed geographically incompatible as it uses a different scale than in Europe. Base UK is also geographically incompatible due to the same reason and works fine (for sure, as it's SCS's work :lol:), that's what I meant ;) .

MG Mike
Donation rank:

13 May 2018 19:52

Ah that was what you meant. Than I understood it wrong. Sorry again.

So I have seen what olavemil was complaining about. There are many ferries.. But it seems that they are connecting cities very far away..

Since I haven't been on the ROS map it looks not too bad for me.. But maybe if I am there I will see what Olafemil was talking about.

Are these all ferry ship connections? I think Russia had not so much coastal cities.
But i mean I have seen a youti e video with some kind of airport which a big Antanov which flies me to another city far away..
That may be funny idea too. Anyway.. I have to explore the new maps and wondering what awaits me.
I've read the north of ROS is completely snowy landscape.. So I get near the polar circle again...at least one road should be a frozen lake which I have to cross... So that sounds like the TV documentary show "ice road truckers"
Or there should be many hidden roads which are not on the map... More to explore.. More dirt roads.. That sounds very well. I like such things..

OlavEmil
Donation rank:

13 May 2018 21:01

Yes, the ROS map is very different from continental Europe. Like you say, frozen lakes, dirt roads, hidden routes. Like a big playground to get something different :) . Happy to see you got it working.

As for the ferries, they must be fictional. No way could there be ferries criss-crossing the siberian continent like this in real life :lol: . Like I said, I'll try to make the ferry removal into a simple mod for you (and anyone) to install very soon.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

13 May 2018 23:42

ok.. sounds great..

but if there as i gess are some Airlines.. i think some of them which make sense, cause they connect a city far far away could stay , or not ??

OlavEmil
Donation rank:

14 May 2018 15:51

I mean, sure, if you want the most remote cities to become the least remote, you can keep any ferry / airline you want. Point is, I prefer to drive to the destination :) .

I have now uploaded a mod to remove ROS ferries here: https://ets.modhoster.com/mods/keine-fahren-ros (if anyone has a better ETS 2 mod site to host it on, feel free to let me know)

If you notice any ferry / airline you do want to keep afterall, you can open the .scs file with winrar, go to def - ferry - connection and delete the routes you want to keep.

I am not able to test this mod, because I removed my ferries directly from my ROS file, and would have to redownload ROS to test this. Let me know if it doesn't work. Put it above the ROS files in priority. Also above the "Less ferries" mod, if you use that (you can put it as high as you want, it will not mess up any other mods, as it only affects ferries from ROS map).

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information