Russian Open Spaces v6.0 [1.31]

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
Davyddin
Donation rank:

20 Jul 2019 08:45

I don't think Morozov frequents this forum.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

tantalus

20 Jul 2019 17:08

Yeah, well, unfortunately the home page of this mod is not english friendly at all, so.. another throwback to avoid this mod at all costs.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 20 Jul 2019 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

PerrydPelle

20 Jul 2019 20:00

Turn the menu sound of if you don't like it, sorry but it's ridiculous to not use a map because it has music you dont like.
Developer of uh...

tantalus

20 Jul 2019 21:27

This is a joke, right? so your solution is to turn the sound off? unbelievable... also whats with the lock on the mod itself? is that a joke too?.
Last edited by Davyddin on 20 Jul 2019 21:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Redacted quote; please quote only relevant parts and never the entire preceding post

PerrydPelle

20 Jul 2019 21:42

Well sorry is the music that important to you? The files are probably locked to prevent piracy. ProMods files are also locked for the same reason.
Developer of uh...

tantalus

20 Jul 2019 21:48

Not a single mod should be locked. I understand that promods is, because well, quality is superb in promods, and the amount of assets and definitions is overwheelming and any tiny change could be catastrophic. But a mod like this one? locked? its completely ridiculous, sorry. Not a single mod should be locked (again with the exception of promods for obvious reasons). And yes, of course sound is important to me, and for every single player, you know?. Not because some people are ok with it that means it is not important, in fact, its the opposite. I know many people who avoided this mod for the very same reason as well. Problem is not only that the songs are horrible, the problem is that the quality on them is terrible, i mean like 64kbps or something like that. Sorry but if im going to hurt my ears, i will pass.

Dont you think it will be better if the songs will be added as an addition and not mandatory? i just cant lol. In the moment i see someone do things like this... doesnt give me much confidence towards the modders who did this, sorry.
Last edited by bmwGTR on 21 Jul 2019 13:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours

PerrydPelle

20 Jul 2019 22:02

I understand it would be a nice bonus to have decent music in the game, but if you look at what ROS has made you have to ask yourself: do I play this mod to listen to the music or to drive on the countless miles of roads ROS adds. And to say that PM has a better excuse to lock the files is just ridiculous, every mod has a good excuse: Piracy
Developer of uh...

tantalus

20 Jul 2019 22:11

And yet, you still dont get it lol. Everytime i switch to the menu, or i press the map button, or i go to the main screen i need to hear that terrible music. In what world this is ok for you? its not about the quality of the map itself, because as i said, doing something like modifying the default music and not letting people to decide if they want it or not... that doesnt say too much about the modder itself, and of course i uninstalled this mod asap.

About locking the mod, im not too worried about it, but ONLY if i could actually turn off the music modifications. In map mods there is no need to have an unlocked mod, but in this case, since the sound modifications are mandatory, it will be great to be able to get rid of em without the need to avoid the whole mod. Sound in a videogame is a BIG important part of the experience it doesnt matter if its only on the menu, i still dont understand why someone will include sound modifications IN A MAP mod without even making em optional. Its ridiculous, sorry.

Piracy? do you realize this is not a paid mod, do you?

And for the love of god, dude, dont compare ROS with promods... you are embarrasing yourself.

PerrydPelle

20 Jul 2019 22:53

Have fun listening to music in a game lol... ProMods is also not paid you pay for the fast download. And just because something isn't paid means people should steal it.
Last edited by PerrydPelle on 20 Jul 2019 22:54, edited 1 time in total.
Developer of uh...

arayas

20 Jul 2019 22:53

tantalus wrote:
20 Jul 2019 22:11
And for the love of god, dude, dont compare ROS with promods... you are embarrasing yourself.
A good reason for you to make a sound mod with vanilla music or the one you like and place it above ROS map. This way the music is reinstated. I dont have ROS, so i can't judge the music. :lol:

And for the sake of discution, why it's an embarrasment to compare the work of some people, good or bad as it is? The parralel was not about quality here, Perry talked about locked files.
What, Promods assets are sacred and any other map materials should be open for stealing? I think is creator decision as for you is user decision to use it or not.
Editor of Romania Extended Map
roextended.ro
[email protected]
ROEXTENDED FORUM
Personal Mods ATS and ETS - Superzoom, Superlights, Normal Economy, Super Traffic, Loading Screens, Black Friday, Virtual Mirrors

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information