Russian Open Spaces v6.0 [1.31]

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
CptCaribbean

10 May 2018 17:59

ROS isn't geographically compatible with other map mods using a 1:19 scale, so no.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

10 May 2018 18:49

Yeah

I know about the different scale. I know further that there some cities twice like two Murmansk or two st. Petersburg.

I am aware of it. But there seems to be a possible roadconnection from Russmap to ROS.. And Olav. Emil wrote by using the Poland rebuilt it would be possible to bring them together without technical problems. Atleast the city of Kem or Cem has to be changed in one file from ROS.

I wanna give it a try. The geographic differences are not the main problem for me. For now.. Russia is a huge country. And reach cities far away it takes lang drives.. And since I had never been in Russia and have no idea how realistic or unrealistic the distances from one city to another are. So for me it doesn't really matter after all.
I wouldn't drive there every day. My main driving area stay still central Europe. But some times there is it a special kick to drive long tours.

I am only asking how it works with the payment If I start a tour in germany, have to drive through Russmap and have to end up some where at the ROS map. How would the kilometers be counted when the scale is changing..
Would the time speed slow down too?

Anyway.. As I wrote I like to try it out..I take therefore a test profile. If it works for me it's okay.. If I get trouble I delete the ROS and use her as a singlemap in another profile..
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

OlavEmil
Donation rank:

11 May 2018 09:08

I don't use the great steppe myself, but kimmerya does. Like he wrote above, try using his load order. You can find it in the post quoted on top of this page.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

11 May 2018 12:26

Ok.. I will try that. But I am not using turkey map or EAA map and so on...
Hopefully it works without these maps too.. Otherwise I stay without ROS and try to use it standalone.

OlavEmil
Donation rank:

11 May 2018 17:01

I don't use those either. In general, not including a map in the lot is not a problem at all. The odd exception is Poland Rebuild fixing the compatibility issue between Promods and ROS.

One problem with ROS, though (in my opinion, at least) is the excessive use of ferries. ROS adds ferries criss-crossing all of Europe, and almost every city in ROS has a ferry connection (not quite, but still). This will totally mess up the freight market, and you will be forced to take long ferries to most destinations in stead of driving yourself, which defeats the whole purpose of having a big map in the first place. I personally removed all ferries in the ROS map, and would recommend you doing the same once you make it work.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

12 May 2018 17:17

Ok.. I will see. Is that in fact a problem if I just say let the ferry be ferry and drive instead of using her?

Will I get less money for the job if use the longer way to drive?

Until now I had no time to try ROS out. And I am still not sure about f the load order. But I will Try what you recommended.

For now I have all DLCs, Promods 2.26, Russmap 1.8, SR 7.00 and GS 1.30, project Balkan 2.7 additional Paris rebuikebuilt and the promods addon in Scandinavia as well as that little beaten map in the netherlands.
Could be nice to add ROS.. Do I need only the prom Zona 3 or any fixes additionally?

OlavEmil
Donation rank:

12 May 2018 17:49

I would add the snow speed fix, if not, you will have a boring time travelling the map at 40kmh. I also see in kimmerya's list (which is in fact on top of previous page, sorry about that) that there is a connection between Great Steppe and ROS, you may want to add this as well.

The problem with leaving the ferries in is, as you write, that you will be hugely underpaid for the job. Also, the navigation will always try to make you go on ferries, and the freight market will count the trips as much, much shorter than they would be if you take the road, which may give you problems with delivery times. It may also mess up freights not even going to ROS area, where the freight market calculates the shortest route between two European cities to be via some far far east city by ferry, again messing up the pricing and availiability of freights.

Unless you actually like criss-crossing the map by ferry, I would highly recommend you to remove them.

MG Mike
Donation rank:

12 May 2018 19:25

Ok... I see your point.. That's really bad..

So if I get it work I would need your help to remove the ferries..
But only remove that unneeded ferries on ROS.

The others from promods can stay, or not?

OlavEmil
Donation rank:

13 May 2018 07:20

I may upload a mod to remove the ROS ferries when I have a little spare time (perhaps tomorrow). Surely that would be useful for others too.

Promods are better at using ferries, as they only / mostly use real life ferries, and also try to limit the use of them to prevent problems. Obviously, some ferries are needed, to be able to get to islands or between obvious ferry points, like Helsinki - Tallin or Hirtshals - Kristiansand. As I personally prefer to limit the amount of ferries as much as possible, I have installed the "less ferries" mod by brainiac, which you can find as number 7 here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=14202

This will remove ferries that do excist in real life, but can make ferry jumping an issue in ETS2. But again, this is personal preference, not at all required, like it is in ROS (in my opinion).

MG Mike
Donation rank:

13 May 2018 15:23

Hello,

it seems to work in thar loadorder. But i can not say if there are problems on other areas causes by this load order.

i can load the game, i can watch the map, and having all together, that road connection from Kazachstan to ROS too. looks all good so far.

Yes i saw many Ferries betwenn the cities. what kind of connection should they be anyway ? There isn´t that much water in russia ??

Another issue. In my test profile i was starting a new carrer and had not much money. how can i get more for test pruposes, like buying garages and trucks in new areas ?

And i startet a quick job which should go from Hambrug to Pinsk (on Russmap). So i start the tour, driving is possible, looking on the map by hitting "M" is possible too, but
if i hit escape for the menu, cause i want to save my current game, it crashes back to desktop.

is this a known issue ? Is there a fix for that ?

It´s a shame, i can drive, but cannot go back in menu for saving :(

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information