Russian Open Spaces v6.0 [1.31]

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
OlavEmil
Donation rank:

04 Apr 2018 13:26

Seems to be working now, except some roads in the south west part of ROS area seem to be missing. Apparently, Polan Rebuild is required to make this combination work. Thanks alot for your help, kimmerya :) .

So, back to my original question: How do I remove all the ferries ROS adds to the map? They make any driving in ROS pointless, as the mission routing will simply point me to any of the countless ferries, making the trips super short, and basically giving me less than $10 per kilometer if I were to take the road (which is obviously what I want to do, this is Euro Truck Simulator afterall, not Euro Ferry Simulator).

Hope someone can help me with this as well.

Kobra2112

04 Apr 2018 16:40

Hi OlavEmil,

The first step is to get rid of all the mods that add ferries aside from Rusmap (There are a few in his combo that do).

To get rid of the ferries in ROS itself though is a bit complicated. You'll need the help of a tool called "D.A.R.T." which you can get here: ->https://github.com/ncs-sniper/D.A.R.T

You're going to be unlocking the "map" file of this set - so that would be Russian_open_spaces_30map.scs. So once you download the DART program, drag the .scs file into the program. Right click on it and select "File Processing Settings"
From here you should be able to change the settings of decompression. You only need to do two things here:
1) Change "rebuild archive" to "extract archive" and 2) tick the box "Ignore processing errors"

From here click "Accept" which will close that window. Then click "Start processing". This will create a folder in the mod directory (if that is where your file was, it creates a directory wherever the archive is stored). Open up this folder and you should see a subfolder called "def" and in here a file called "ferry.r.sii" Open this file in notepad or some other text editor.

From here I'm not sure how exactly this works, but I think you need to add a # in front of the SiiNunit array, which should effectively comment out that entry. Save the file and then close. Go up one level to where all the subfolders are and then press Ctrl+A. This should highlight all the folders. Right-click and select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder. This will create a zip file that will likely be incorrectly named. From here either delete or move the Russian_open_spaces_30map.scs file as we'll be creating a new one.

Right click and rename the file you just created to "Russian_open_spaces_30map.scs". If it's not already in your mod folder, move it there.

Now load up the game. If you did everything right, you shouldn't need to move anything and should be able to simply open the game with (hopefully) all the ferries gone.
I am not sure this will work so please back up your mod folder and especially the map file we are editing

Best of luck,
Kobra2112
PM since v1.83 :D

CPU: Intel i7-4790K @ 4.0-4.4GHz
GPU: EVGA NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti 11GB
PSU: 1000G EVGA Platinum
RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3 @ 1866MHz

OlavEmil
Donation rank:

04 Apr 2018 22:42

Oh yes, I remember now :D .

I know how to remove ferries in general, my problem with ROS is that the .scs files are locked. When reading your post now, I have faint memories of D.A.R.T., very likely from when I removed the ferries from ROS in an earlier version a year ago.

Thanks alot :) .

Richard 1291

04 Apr 2018 23:25

I play without the EAA map and it is perfect for me, it was a great help to the kimmerya document as well as their videos are very good contributions thanks. sorry my bad english
viviendo la vida a 1/4 de milla :)

Davyddin
Donation rank:

05 Apr 2018 07:49

OlavEmil wrote:
How do I remove all the ferries ROS adds to the map?
You can simply create an add-on mod containing the connection definition files of the ferry connections you want eliminated, cleared of data.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

OlavEmil
Donation rank:

05 Apr 2018 09:33

Davyddin wrote:
05 Apr 2018 07:49
OlavEmil wrote:
How do I remove all the ferries ROS adds to the map?
You can simply create an add-on mod containing the connection definition files of the ferry connections you want eliminated, cleared of data.
Yes, problem is, as long as I can't enter the .scs-file for ROS, I can't see what the definition files are called. Also quite hard to guess and try, as the cities are named in cyrilic ;) .

bozo666
Donation rank:

05 Apr 2018 15:46

Below you have a fix for the ROS 5.5 and RusMap 1.8 connection - my first fix :D

The road leads between the towns of Saratov and Uchołowo.
It is recommended to load ROS files on RusMap
We place it on all maps

Picture:

http://www73.zippyshare.com/v/egxN02fO/file.html

kimmerya

05 Apr 2018 15:59

bozo666 wrote:
05 Apr 2018 15:46
Below you have a fix for the ROS 5.5 and RusMap 1.8 connection - my first fix :D

The road leads between the towns of Saratov and Uchołowo.
It is recommended to load ROS files on RusMap
We place it on all maps

Picture:

http://www73.zippyshare.com/v/egxN02fO/file.html
I hope I can include it in the combination. Thank you.
Youtube channel for combo maps : https://www.youtube.com/TektekerHaydar/videos
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/groups/ETS2.Share.Group/
Promods 2.31 + 10 maps combo
Eastern Express v10.10 + Mapa EAA 4.6 + ROC Map 1.31 + Island Map
ETS2 1.31 Map Puno Perú V.1.7
ETS2 1.32 Hungary Map

OlavEmil
Donation rank:

05 Apr 2018 17:28

I put it above the other road connections in my mod order, and it seems to be working fine, connecting the Uchołowo area to the rest of the map. Haven't actually driven there yet, as I have an assignment due tonight.

Still have a hole in the M05 east of Uchołowo, though. Any plan to fix that as well when you are at it, bozo? :)

bozo666
Donation rank:

05 Apr 2018 18:35

OlavEmil wrote:
05 Apr 2018 17:28
Any plan to fix that as well when you are at it, bozo? :)
I will wait for new versions of RusMap and ROS, as well as by the way on patch 1.31 and then I will correct :)

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information