Russian Open Spaces v6.0 [1.31]

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
tantalus

20 Jul 2019 23:23

Erm... that is what the modder of ROS should have done. To add the music as an addon to the map mod. Thats the most logical course of action. Not forcing people that want to play a map mod to make another mod to override the music of that mod with the original one... thats the most stupid thing ive ever read so far.. sorry.

And i understand the efforts behind any mod, but the quality of ROS is not even at the lowest level of promods, and trying to compare both is moronic. As simple as that. I mean, its like PerrydDelle never played promods apparently... im not talking only about the quality of the assets, im talking about stability, polishing, etc, etc. Please we need to be more realistic.

But to be clear, this is not only about ROS, promods generally speaking is vastly superior to ANY map mod out there. As simply as that.

arayas

21 Jul 2019 00:45

ROS was not released as an option for combo's. Was intended for russian people as separate option. So russian people listen to russian music. You are so fast in judging other people decisions and work like you hold the supreme truth. If i make a map with black cows all over the streets i made it because this is what i want. If you like black cows, good. If not, good bye!
And take a pause with "moronic" and "embarasment" words, we are talking about folder locks and you are about quality. Because ....why? First thing you have to do in a forum to be civilized is to read other people posts before storming with you non-sense arguments.
Editor of Romania Extended Map
roextended.ro
[email protected]
ROEXTENDED FORUM
Personal Mods ATS and ETS - Superzoom, Superlights, Normal Economy, Super Traffic, Loading Screens, Black Friday, Virtual Mirrors

FunTrucker_18

21 Jul 2019 20:40

I don't hate the music but I don't understand Russian.

But as Arayas said, you can extract the original music and make it a mod. Or even your own music.

And yep, I also understand why some mods are locked. But an "unlock" would be still okay, especially for something like ROS, as I would remove those train and plane connections, I use ferries only there where they are in real life.
I, for example, have reworked some parts of Arayas' RoEx but the difference is, I use this privately only. I reworked some other maps too and use these "mods" privately. :lol:

arayas

23 Jul 2019 13:26

Thank you for revealing this to me FunTrucker. I'm gonna lock my map so hard you will have nighmares trying to open it :lol: :lol:
Just joking
Editor of Romania Extended Map
roextended.ro
[email protected]
ROEXTENDED FORUM
Personal Mods ATS and ETS - Superzoom, Superlights, Normal Economy, Super Traffic, Loading Screens, Black Friday, Virtual Mirrors

martod

24 Jul 2019 00:54

I finally drove to the ROS portions of the map and I noticed a few issues. The Actual day/night hours mod from Steam does not work with it( I arrived at Midnight and the sun didn't rise until around 6:30, which clearly shouldn't happen that far north this time of year). I also noticed the PWM weather mod doesn't seem to work--the sky is blurry and low res and too dark. The same issue with PWM happens when I enter Spain with Promods. I suspect these could be rooted in the same issue--is it that ROS doesn't have a regional climate associated to it? Do map mods need to associate their cities with what region they're in if they're too far from the vanilla map?

charlessabuero
Donation rank:

30 Jul 2019 13:27

Disable Time Zone.

Vacendak

03 Sep 2019 16:51

You know an alternative to coming on a forum with an epic whinge about what a modder did or did not put in their mod is doing 5 minutes of research to find the solution. Google "ROS ETS Music". There you will find a reddit post on the first page about halfway down that has a link to a small mod that changes the music back. Simply download, unzip, and install above ROS in Mod Manager and the problem is solved.

Dogbert

03 Sep 2019 21:38

Hope it's ok to ask in here, rather than start another thread. Is ROS 7.5 compatible with ProMods, could someone advise me please.

I also run PM ME, RusMap, Southern Region, RoEx, Turkey (YKSRSK). All without any problems, so far.

Mike.
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

Trucker2223
Donation rank:

04 Sep 2019 08:09

NO ROS is a standalone Map.
No. 4 forum spammer

No Support via PM!!

ProMods Senior Beta Tester since 2.30
ProMods Moderator since 1. January 2019

PerrydPelle

04 Sep 2019 10:21

What do you mean? It’s compatible! :D Here is a video with the load order! :D https://youtu.be/DEEU8v-
Developer of uh...

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information