Russian Open Spaces v6.0 [1.31]

You can share and discuss other map mods here
PerrydPelle

20 Jul 2019 22:02

I understand it would be a nice bonus to have decent music in the game, but if you look at what ROS has made you have to ask yourself: do I play this mod to listen to the music or to drive on the countless miles of roads ROS adds. And to say that PM has a better excuse to lock the files is just ridiculous, every mod has a good excuse: Piracy
Dev for Road to Asia

Road to Asia Discord Server: https://discord.gg/48JZu2d

If you want to become a dev for Road to Asia contact me

My Screenshot topic: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=29771

tantalus

20 Jul 2019 22:11

And yet, you still dont get it lol. Everytime i switch to the menu, or i press the map button, or i go to the main screen i need to hear that terrible music. In what world this is ok for you? its not about the quality of the map itself, because as i said, doing something like modifying the default music and not letting people to decide if they want it or not... that doesnt say too much about the modder itself, and of course i uninstalled this mod asap.

About locking the mod, im not too worried about it, but ONLY if i could actually turn off the music modifications. In map mods there is no need to have an unlocked mod, but in this case, since the sound modifications are mandatory, it will be great to be able to get rid of em without the need to avoid the whole mod. Sound in a videogame is a BIG important part of the experience it doesnt matter if its only on the menu, i still dont understand why someone will include sound modifications IN A MAP mod without even making em optional. Its ridiculous, sorry.

Piracy? do you realize this is not a paid mod, do you?

And for the love of god, dude, dont compare ROS with promods... you are embarrasing yourself.

PerrydPelle

20 Jul 2019 22:53

Have fun listening to music in a game lol... ProMods is also not paid you pay for the fast download. And just because something isn't paid means people should steal it.
Last edited by PerrydPelle on 20 Jul 2019 22:54, edited 1 time in total.
Dev for Road to Asia

Road to Asia Discord Server: https://discord.gg/48JZu2d

If you want to become a dev for Road to Asia contact me

My Screenshot topic: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=29771

arayas

20 Jul 2019 22:53

tantalus wrote:
20 Jul 2019 22:11
And for the love of god, dude, dont compare ROS with promods... you are embarrasing yourself.
A good reason for you to make a sound mod with vanilla music or the one you like and place it above ROS map. This way the music is reinstated. I dont have ROS, so i can't judge the music. :lol:

And for the sake of discution, why it's an embarrasment to compare the work of some people, good or bad as it is? The parralel was not about quality here, Perry talked about locked files.
What, Promods assets are sacred and any other map materials should be open for stealing? I think is creator decision as for you is user decision to use it or not.
Editor of Romania Extended Map
roextended.ro
[email protected]
ROEXTENDED FORUM
Personal Mods ATS and ETS - Superzoom, Superlights, Normal Economy, Super Traffic, Loading Screens, Black Friday, Virtual Mirrors

tantalus

20 Jul 2019 23:23

Erm... that is what the modder of ROS should have done. To add the music as an addon to the map mod. Thats the most logical course of action. Not forcing people that want to play a map mod to make another mod to override the music of that mod with the original one... thats the most stupid thing ive ever read so far.. sorry.

And i understand the efforts behind any mod, but the quality of ROS is not even at the lowest level of promods, and trying to compare both is moronic. As simple as that. I mean, its like PerrydDelle never played promods apparently... im not talking only about the quality of the assets, im talking about stability, polishing, etc, etc. Please we need to be more realistic.

But to be clear, this is not only about ROS, promods generally speaking is vastly superior to ANY map mod out there. As simply as that.

arayas

21 Jul 2019 00:45

ROS was not released as an option for combo's. Was intended for russian people as separate option. So russian people listen to russian music. You are so fast in judging other people decisions and work like you hold the supreme truth. If i make a map with black cows all over the streets i made it because this is what i want. If you like black cows, good. If not, good bye!
And take a pause with "moronic" and "embarasment" words, we are talking about folder locks and you are about quality. Because ....why? First thing you have to do in a forum to be civilized is to read other people posts before storming with you non-sense arguments.
roextended.ro
[email protected]
ROEXTENDED FORUM
Personal Mods ATS and ETS - Superzoom, Superlights, Normal Economy, Super Traffic, Loading Screens, Black Friday, Virtual Mirrors

FunTrucker_18

21 Jul 2019 20:40

I don't hate the music but I don't understand Russian.

But as Arayas said, you can extract the original music and make it a mod. Or even your own music.

And yep, I also understand why some mods are locked. But an "unlock" would be still okay, especially for something like ROS, as I would remove those train and plane connections, I use ferries only there where they are in real life.
I, for example, have reworked some parts of Arayas' RoEx but the difference is, I use this privately only. I reworked some other maps too and use these "mods" privately. :lol:

arayas

23 Jul 2019 13:26

Thank you for revealing this to me FunTrucker. I'm gonna lock my map so hard you will have nighmares trying to open it :lol: :lol:
Just joking
roextended.ro
[email protected]
ROEXTENDED FORUM

martod

24 Jul 2019 00:54

I finally drove to the ROS portions of the map and I noticed a few issues. The Actual day/night hours mod from Steam does not work with it( I arrived at Midnight and the sun didn't rise until around 6:30, which clearly shouldn't happen that far north this time of year). I also noticed the PWM weather mod doesn't seem to work--the sky is blurry and low res and too dark. The same issue with PWM happens when I enter Spain with Promods. I suspect these could be rooted in the same issue--is it that ROS doesn't have a regional climate associated to it? Do map mods need to associate their cities with what region they're in if they're too far from the vanilla map?

charlessabuero
Donation rank:

30 Jul 2019 13:27

Disable Time Zone.
My Mods for ETS2 v1.35:
  • Project Next-Gen Graphics + Realistic Graphics Mod (Weather) + SISL Mods + Google Navigation + Jazzycat Mods
  • ProMods w/ TCP & CAP + Rus Map + Paris Rebuild + Southern Region + EAA Map

• Information