[REL] Göteborg Timescale Fix

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

07 May 2018 23:50

INTRO:

This is a very very very tiny mod that fixes the issue that annoyed the HELL out of me since the release of Scandinavia DLC. That SCS made this city huuuge, made up by 3 separate parts: the ferryport, Hisingen (Volvo Plant and some other companies) and City Center and in these exact spots time slows down as it should in cities, but on the roads connecting these parts time speeds up again like it does between cities. Because of this if you for ex. have to go from NorrSken in the city center to the Volvo plant in Hisingen, it will take you almost 3 hours and that is horribily unrealistic, and annoying (especially if you use the AETR tachograph like me). So what I did is made the city boxes bigger in the editor to cover these roads to. Also note that the E6 through the city is NOT affected by this so if you are just traversing the city to Oslo or Malmö time won't slow down there. (Thats on purpose cause if it would, then the travel time between those cities would be to short)

LINK:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/kx03jq2k2 ... le_fix.scs

It should work with any maps, on any versions, and obviously requires DLC Scandinavia.
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

MG Mike
Donation rank:

08 May 2018 11:53

Oh,, thanks for that,,

I have a garage in Göteborg, but I never picked up that issue... Thanks for telling it.. And more thanks for the solution for it.
Company : Euro Line Logistics International vGmbH
Headquarters: Hamburg (D)
Additional quarters: Bad Homburg vor der Höhe, Berlin, Rostock, Bremen, Spaden

Euro Line in Europe: Sweden, Russia, Romania and Iceland
Follow us on Instagram #Eurolinelogistics

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

08 May 2018 13:59

Why a great idea, thanks. I too use the AETR Tachograph mod, so would love to see this mod reach other areas, for example at toll booths in various countries that don’t slow time down.

Arvidsson-Källqvist
Donation rank:

08 May 2018 15:23

I don't get it, why should time slow down at tollbooths? I mean I know sometimes it can get crowded but, there it's actually realistic IMO.

What I think could use a similar treatment is the custom truckstops made by PM, especially the german and austrians, for ex. at Alland (near Wien) or the autohof in Soltau on the A7 or the other hof on the A3 west of Nürnberg (forgot the name) and in lot of others,it takes waay too much time to get to the actual parking spot, and if somehow you also need to manouver around it too then it can take you sometimes even more then an hour from the moment you exit the motorway till you stop the truck in the parking place. (In real life this should't take more than 10-15 minutes). But solving this problem in those places is much more complicated. Cause those spots aren't cities and outside of cities only certain prefabs can scale time down, like the default SCS truckstop prefabs. And since PM made custom ones, which do look much more better, in gameplay sense they are not perfect.

I know for some this is just nitpicking and not a real issue but if you try to play more realisticaly and actually pay atention to details it's quite annoying.
Company: David Kiesch International Transport & Spedition SRL
Headquarter: Cluj-Napoca
Truck: 2021 Volvo FH500 Globetrotter XL
Numberplate: CJ 21 WLX

Andy_GTI
Donation rank:

08 May 2018 19:27

I find you can use around 10 minutes getting through some toll booth prefabs, when in reality you can get through them comfortably in under a minute.

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information