[WIP] Middle-East add-on

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
ExtremorGP

16 Jul 2019 12:20

Why it won't? I think YKSRSK isn't overwriting sectors from this add-on... I think we can also wait for some road connection. ;)
Retired modder.

andmas199

16 Jul 2019 15:35

I also think compatibility with YKSRSK wont be a problem( at least if we are taking about the rescaled version). A road connection would be also possible but if we want to make it realistic, most of the borders with turkey are closed. The only ones that remain open are not controlled by government forces so it would be kind of difficult to get to the these from lebanon.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

16 Jul 2019 16:34

And now, back on topic. This is a thread on the ProMods Middle-East add-on, not YKSRSK.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

PerrydPelle

16 Jul 2019 18:22

We are talking about compatibility between the two maps, not only YKSRSK.
Developer of uh...

ExtremorGP

18 Jul 2019 12:53

It's because I think it wasn't good decision to make it as just an addon... we have to wait more time for it.
Retired modder.

EdgeGladiator

19 Jul 2019 16:41

There are already many reason here who explained why it's just a addon :)
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

PerrydPelle

19 Jul 2019 16:55

I don't think Extremor is asking why this is not part of ProMods, but why its a add-on for ProMods, and not for Vanila, TSM, MHAPro and ProMods.
Developer of uh...

Platypus
Developer

19 Jul 2019 17:20

Hello,

Here some answers/comments about recent messages :

- It's not yet released because it's not fully ready. I had to fix a few things for 2.41 and I would like to retest it correctly. But I hope to release it soon ...
- Sharm el Sheik will not be included, at least at short term.
- It requires Promods because of use or many items. But it will be an add-on for many reasons already explained in this topic. Please read it and don't reopen this discussion. Thanks a lot for this ;)
- Compatibility will be assured for Promods only. However, I will make some tests with Rusmap I also use personally. For others, no guarantee it will work (or will continue to work in the future). Sorry.

Regards,
Platypus

ExtremorGP

19 Jul 2019 20:47

PerrydPelle wrote:
19 Jul 2019 16:55
I don't think Extremor is asking why this is not part of ProMods, but why its a add-on for ProMods, and not for Vanila, TSM, MHAPro and ProMods.
I wasn't asking, just told you my opinion. I know why it's add-on for Promods and understand that. But hard thing with add-ons is, those need to wait for PM update, just take a look on Poland Rebuilding. Sorry, just wanted to clarify some things. Discussion is closed.
Platypus wrote:
19 Jul 2019 17:20
But I hope to release it soon ...
Nice, can't wait! :)
Retired modder.

Vøytek
Developer

19 Jul 2019 22:29

If this was part of ProMods, you all would still be waiting for 2.41 right now. Or Middle East would have to be rushed for the release and it wouldn't satisfy Platypus nor you. Give him time.
Because if it was part of ProMods, it wouldn't be ready faster anyway. Is that clear? Platypus works on it in his own pace and it would delay 2.41, which would be disappointing for all players who waited for our map but maybe aren't interested in Middle East area. So an addon is fine.
And I think this delay is related only to this very first version, to make sure there are no technical issues and you can enjoy it without trouble ;) In the future it'll be updated immediately, if only Platypus finds time for it. He has access to our WIP and beta versions, he can adjust his map earlier. Besides, it's far from the main map, so there are no roads to connect, we won't overwrite anything in the future etc., which is an issue with other maps that require a road connection.
When everything will be improved until the author is satisfied and all issues fixed, it'll be released ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information