[REL] Romania Reworked v1.2

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
Adarskalen

30 Mar 2019 13:02

Romania Reworked mod v1.2

Hello! On the Promods map, Romania did not see any new update for a long time. So, since nobody seems to want to rebuild it, I started to do this myself. I am not planning to make major changes, like rebuilding the cities and things like these, because I don't have neither the required experience, nor the required time. I want just to change the roads, the signage and probably a little bit the environment, into a more realistic way. I will try to make the roads as close as possible to the reality. But the signs will be in a way they are supposed to be, not the way they are at the moment in Romania, because the Romanian signage is basically one of the most stupid possible. So the map will not be 100% realistic, but only at the signage, since the roads and the vegetation will be as close as possible to the reality (of course, to the extent I can do it, since my experience is not a proffesional one). So, let's say it will be a semi-real map of Romania.

Important note: This is a modification to the Promods map, so it will not work without Promods.

Works with ETS2 1.36 and Promods 2.43

Download link: Romania Reworked v1.2(for Promods 2.43)

----------------------------------

Older downloads:
v1.1:Romania Reworked v1.1(for Promods 2.41)

v1.0:Romania Reworked v1.0(for Promods 2.40)

----------------------------------

Installation:
- Extract the downloaded archive and you will get 2 files
- Move these 2 files to your mod folder
- Activate them in mod manager above Promods

Load order:
Romania Reworked Definition Package
Romania Reworked Map Package
Promods files...

Notes:
- As this is a modification for Promods, it requires all the current map DLCs to work;
- Romania Reworked is also compatible with RusMap and graphic mods which work with Promods (e.g. RGM, NextGen). Compatibility with other map mods was not tested, but those which are compatible with Promods should also work with this mod (e.g. Southern Region, Project Balkans etc.).
Changelog v1.2:
- added compatibility with ETS 2 version 1.36
- rebuilt Albita (RO-MD) border checkpoint on the Romanian side;
- some small improvements here and there on my previous work.

Changelog v1.1:
- added compatibility with ETS 2 version 1.35
- all the things from v1.0, except Oradea border;
- improved A1 motorway from the border with Hungary to Sibiu (this involves changed roads, railings, signs; but unfortunately only the interchange at Arad-Vest is reworked, the rest remaining unchanged for now);
- new motorway signage (firstly because some of my previous signs were based on the Greek templates, and after the last update of Promods some Greek signs had problems and so did my signs; and second because I had some new ideas for the motorway signage);
- reworked/improved road from the border with Ukraine to Baia Mare (E81/DN1C road);
- some small improvements here and there on my previous work.

Version 1.0 contains:
- improved A3 motorway;
- rebuild of A3 interchange near Cluj-Napoca;
- fully rebuilt A3 Turda (southern) Interchange;
- partly-improved border area at Oradea.

Screenshots:

Last edited by Adarskalen on 10 Jan 2020 10:24, edited 10 times in total.
Developer of ROMANIA REWORKED MOD

Languages: Image, Image, and some Image

gmtavares

30 Mar 2019 13:37

I must say this doesn't look bad at all! :)
I think you have a lot of potential... This indeed looks nice.
Although, with the latest teaser from SCS, I personally think Romania will be a target of a DLC soon :P - just me, personally [and most other people that follow SCS teasers :P ]

small tip -
this could be a bezier patch instead of that standard grassy rock model :P
I know, because my previous work used tones of these, and it ended up not looking that good.
But I mean, you seem to have blended it well :P

Cheers, and keep up the good work.
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

scan720
Developer
Donation rank:

30 Mar 2019 13:48

Looks good for a "beginner"
Keep up work!
Developer since July 2020
Working in Poland

EG0611

30 Mar 2019 14:46

Looking good ;)

Adarskalen

30 Mar 2019 18:12

Thank you so much!

@gmtavares, yes, I know the next DLC will include Romania as well, but it will still take some time until it is released. And I am not planning major rebuilding of the map, too. So, until the DLC is released, why not improving a little bit the Promods' Romania? ;)
Also thanks for the tip!

EdgeGladiator

30 Mar 2019 18:50

nice work
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

chillzap21
Donation rank:

01 Apr 2019 06:53

This looks promising. Wish You all the best Adarskalen

ro.gaming26

01 Apr 2019 16:15

WOW thanks for rebuilding Romania is very important i see you use sign from Italy but if you want realistic romanian sign you can send a message to Alexandru who create RomaniaMapByAlexandru and he can give you realistic sign this is his fb page :https://www.facebook.com/RomaniaMapProject/ and this is his ytb channel he do a lot of live but each time there deleted do to copyright https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Xpdf ... r4MsB6_ZKQ And when you think you will release first version and in next update what did you rebuild or rework?
Satu-Mare România Image

Adarskalen

01 Apr 2019 17:22

The signs I am using are not really the italian ones. I made and I am making my own signs, a better Romanian signage, based on the Italian, Lithuanian (from DLC) and Greek templates, but using the same font as in the real life (SNV). They are made somehow in my own way, a way which is a combination of the most useful features found by me on the signage from most countries in Europe. And as I said in the first description, the signage will not be a realistic Romanian signage, because in my opinion (in fact, not only mine), the Romanian signage is very bad, so I am trying to make a better one on the map. In fact, this is the reason why I started this project: for a new signage in Romania, cause in the real life this is almost impossible, because of the lack of interest in signs of the CNAIR (Romanian Roads Company). If many people request, maybe I will make a version of the map with the signs exactly like in the real life, but this after I rebuild more roads.
So to make everything clear: the roads will be (almost) like the real ones and the signage will be an imaginary one.

For the moment I am working on the full rebuilding of Turda interchange on A3.

The first version will be released probably next week, or if I don't finish all the work, over 2 weeks.

The first version will contain: the reworked interchange at Gilau, as in the images; the fully rebuilt Turda interchange; improved A3 motorway and probably the new-built A10 motorway (I will certainly build A10 at the interchange with A3, so you will see it; but I don't know if I will finish the whole motorway for the first version).

And for the next update I am thinking on: improving DN1 between A3 and A1, and rebuilding the interchange where this section of DN1 reaches A1; improving DN1 between Cluj and Oradea, and probably also the border with Hungary. But if I will plan something else, I will post here.

ro.gaming26

02 Apr 2019 15:02

ok thnks
Satu-Mare România Image

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information