[REL] ETS 2 the dutch map

You can share and discuss other ETS2 map mods here
sven_engelen

29 Jul 2014 20:44

The Dutch map 1.4 is released!

Changelog: Bugfixes, a rebuild of Zwolle and the A28. Utrecht, Nieuwegein, Maarssen, Texel, Den Helder, Julianadorp, Schagen

http://thedutchmap.nl

Go ahead and download it ;)
Last edited by sven_engelen on 08 Jan 2017 23:05, edited 4 times in total.

TehHipster

31 Jul 2014 19:20

There's a DAF Dealership near the top corner of the map, one city below that corner that is glitched. It's the one outside and apparently, the game loads the Dealership BUT there's no trucks so it crashes. I did also notice that it was brand new type of the DAF Dealership likely made by you and I liked that you did that but you should use the old one if it breaks. Also, I love how all the Cargo Depots are different and varied and not the default SCS ones. Good for you! You should share it to Promods as it would make Promods much more realistic! Oh, and I was delivering a big oversized Bulldozer or that construction vehicle with the container on the back. Apparently, it doesn't work on this map because it wrecks into allot of things because of the tight roads and such so I highly wouldn't recommend delivering oversized vehicles on this map if they're wide. If it's in weight, you're likely gonna be fine but I have yet to test that.

I give this map a 9.5/10! Good job and this is my favorite one so far. I only tried the Hungarian one and this one and I prefer how you make your own models. Adds a whole new feel to the game and they feel much more realistic to! I recommend you work with SCS in the future and HAPPY TRUCKING!

jackspackages

04 Aug 2014 23:19

It is such a brilliant map!!! The only problem is the scale and time settings are like the standard game... so a 40km journey says its 250km on my route advisor, and time is much faster than it should be...

If these two things got fixed in an update i'd never leave my house ever again! lol

I don't compare maps like these to maps like promods, they are different things completely, big maps get the feel of europe, maps like these try and create a certain smaller area in more realism, so i love running them side by side on different profiles! :D

Purno
Donation rank:

05 Aug 2014 07:06

jackspackages wrote:I don't compare maps like these to maps like promods, they are different things completely, big maps get the feel of europe, maps like these try and create a certain smaller area in more realism, so i love running them side by side on different profiles! :D
As far as I've seen, this map isn't that more realistic than ProMods. But I'm judging by the screenshots I've seen, and there's a lot of half-finished screenshots in the post above. Either way, I haven't been convinced to give the map a real try.

cashtime2013
Developer
Donation rank:

05 Aug 2014 08:44

It's well worth giving it a try Purno! The latest version (3rd August) has fixed some bugs, but it's not a complete map by any means, just eastern cities at the moment. And yes, the time scale is a bit weird, but for me it doesn't really affect gameplay.
It's a standalone map, so new profile, and select nederland.mbd as game module!
British Isles Developer

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, Intel i5 quad-core CPU, nvidia Geforce GTX 1650, ASUS VZ249HE 24" monitor, 750watt PSU, ETS2 & ATS 64bit

jackspackages

06 Aug 2014 00:53

Purno wrote:
jackspackages wrote:I don't compare maps like these to maps like promods, they are different things completely, big maps get the feel of europe, maps like these try and create a certain smaller area in more realism, so i love running them side by side on different profiles! :D
As far as I've seen, this map isn't that more realistic than ProMods. But I'm judging by the screenshots I've seen, and there's a lot of half-finished screenshots in the post above. Either way, I haven't been convinced to give the map a real try.
Dear Purno,

I am in no way saying that this is more realistic than promods, I absolutely love it!

I am just saying that making a smaller area allows more detail, simply because the Dutch Map will be the size of the current in game map when finished.

It would take forever to make all of Europe in this size, so it's nice to have one big Europe Map, and some single country maps on other profiles :)

It's worth a try for sure, it has great potential! I'm just not going to seriously play it until the time/distance are fixed to the scale of the map!

Jack

MarcRvB
Donation rank:

06 Aug 2014 21:51

jackspackages wrote:It is such a brilliant map!!! The only problem is the scale and time settings are like the standard game... so a 40km journey says its 250km on my route advisor, and time is much faster than it should be...

If these two things got fixed in an update i'd never leave my house ever again! lol
You mean what the hungary map does? Yeah that shold be great but the only problem with realistic Km scale is that your earnings is not €20.000 for Ede - Groingen but only €3.000. A other problem is if you also make the time realitic, the time limit is no more a challenge.

But the Dutch map is so awsome! Meaby it`s my country that makes it great :P
My Gaming PC:
  • CPU: i5 4670K @3,4 GHZ / 3,8 GHZ
    GPU: MSI GTX 660 Oc
    HDD: some samsung HDD (1TB)
    SDD: 2x Samsung evo 840 120GB
    RAM: 8GB
    Motherbord: Gigabyte Z87A-D3
    Total fans: 7
    Steering wheel: Logitech Driving force GT
I <3 Promods! RESPECT! :D

MandelSoft
Lead Developer

06 Aug 2014 22:03

I think those problems could be solved with a few tweaks in the DEF files...
Your daily dose of wisdom!
╔═══╗────╔═╗╔═╗────╔╗
║╔═╗║────║║╚╝║║────║║
║╚═╝╠═╦══╣╔╗╔╗╠══╦═╝╠══╗
║╔══╣╔╣╔╗║║║║║║╔╗║╔╗║══╣
║║──║║║╚╝║║║║║║╚╝║╚╝╠══║
╚╝──╚╝╚══╩╝╚╝╚╩══╩══╩══╝
Don't ask us for a release date; we don't know either.

sven_engelen

13 Feb 2015 22:19

It's been a long timne since that things are posted. So here is an update on a WIP part of the map: Tilburg!

Gotta fix the sign :o

Interchange De Baars

sven_engelen

02 Mar 2015 09:30

Martinus Nijhoffbridge - Zaltbommel (A2)

The real bridge,

Return to “ETS2 Map mods”

• Information