[DISCUSSION] American Trucks and other in ETS2

You can share and discuss ETS2 truck mods here
Cipus
Donation rank:

11 Aug 2016 16:22

I noticed that there are not many discussions on those "long-nose" trucks with great engine sound (my son call them "tractors"). I like equally European trucks as the American trucks and as a fan of diversity, I like to have both in the game. I currently use in ETS2 the following additional trucks (in brackets the dealer where can be found):
- Freightliner Coronado Original 1.6 (Mercedes)
- Freightliner Classical FLD 120 (DAF)
- Kenworth w900A (DAF)
- Kenworth w900 (DAF) - this truck can be seen also in traffic and besides this mod includes a satellite on-board GPS available for every truck.
- Peterbilt 389 modified (Iveco)
- Peterbilt 359 PVT (DAF)
- Peterbilt 351 (Volvo)
- Volvo VNL 780 (Volvo)

I also have in game older trucks like CAT, Kamaz, Tatra, Mercedes Benz al magnificent job. These are add-ons and will not replace any truck in the game. However it is also important not to overtake the truck limit that a dealer can support. currently in my game the largest dealer is Mercedes with 13 trucks (initially was 8 for all dealers), however I cannot make Volvo dealer work with more than 11 trucks.
to make the game works without crashes I learnt that I should not operate any change before buying a truck, and upgrade any part later in any service shop.
(still when choosing some tyres game crashes so I gave up on replacing tyres :? )
I wish that in the future all these trucks could be integrated in ProMods by your experts and checked for errors. I am very scared that the next version of ETS2 (1.25) will ruin my compilation of trucks and will need to wait weeks or monhts for updates...
Last edited by LoaderSaints on 12 Aug 2016 10:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added tag to topic title.
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

LoaderSaints

12 Aug 2016 10:15

Unfortunately I think that ProMods won't include any trucks in it.

redlineshooter1
Donation rank:

21 Mar 2017 14:13

there is more of a chance someone using an existing dealer template and creating a dealer where there is no dealer..
than trying to overload the dealer space with trucks..
though from what I've seen from the usage of the volvo vnl 780 and the 670 I would say you are wasting your time, trying to use anything other than a cab over truck, I would say the short nosed and long nose would be a pointless addition on ETS2 and the roads as they stand at present don't have the turning radius to support these trucks and that is a fact of life,, though I suspect the game would require a major upgrade to allow these trucks to function correctly as it stands today the gaming area is to short and some of the delivery pickup, access points do not have the correct area space allocation to function as a yard for hauling stuff to and from and the reality that both dealer and 3rd party fixit shops don't have the required space to port truck and trailer or trailers into..

CAT: as a truck dealer is or will be in short supply as only a few spots in the world they would have a truck base, CAT for many years were known for engines only..

At the moment dealers that are missing, Dodge, Fuso, Toyota, Ford, INTERNATIONAL, Frightliner , hino, SAAB, Kenworth, Mack, just to name a few not to mention clones of american and europen brand brands...

LoaderSaints

21 Mar 2017 16:45

SAAB never made trucks, back in time when Scania and SAAB were one company called Scania-Vabis they made trucks but those were technically Scanias as that very same company is the modern day Scania. ;)

redlineshooter1
Donation rank:

21 Mar 2017 18:44

I used SAAB as an example only though would apply for everyone that has a truck manufacturing in current or in the past..

looking at some of the russian trucks looks to be a clone of the 70's model dodge and/or ford trucks dump truck model or close to it..

though there is many past and present truck manufacturers in this world though it seems only volvo, scania, renault,mercedes, are catered for, lets you might as well buy a volvo as most of freight liner's are volvo chassis, and petes are kenworth clones....

though I would love to see more configs for all standard trucks and have actual truck dealers within the euro truck game..

though i still think that heavy haul truck mods are a need though I can't see the point of using short and long nose trucks in ets2 because in most cities do not have the available turning angle with trailer on board, though I do love the option it brings..

does anyone know if anyone will be heavy haul truck mods with 5-6 or up to 8 axles for 1.27.xx

LoaderSaints

23 Mar 2017 09:15

You should give a try to RJL's Scania RS mod and the Mercedes Big Stars mod by WTD. Both mods include heavy haulage chassis and the Scania RS mod already works on 1.27 AFAIK. Both can be found on SCS Forums.

TurboDieselBeast1976

24 Jun 2017 19:26

I have no trouble using ANY of the long-nose trucks in ETS2.

You just have to swing a little wide for tight right turns, and make room for the nose at traffic lights.
Please, ask politely;
otherwise, you'll never appreciate the help you receive...

Return to “ETS2 Truck mods”

• Information