Modded trucks with 1.31

You can share and discuss ETS2 truck mods here
CptCaribbean

24 Jul 2018 14:37

If you update someone else's mod that is ilegal... You're taking his / her credits.
Junior Beta-Tester since 2.26

Translator of Spanish, Catalan, Euskera and Galician.

Abdurrezzak3500

24 Jul 2018 18:48

Unless if you don't relase it it is NOT illegal. It is same for every mod. "Edits for only personal purposes"
Image Image
Image Image Image

Cipus
Donation rank:

25 Jul 2018 10:51

of course I keep credits when sending to a friend I'll say "here is the mod of xxx, updated by me for game version yyy"
things are different for payware mods like trucks, that's a different story, even those, I doubt they are legal as they don't have any license from manufacturer...
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

Vøytek
Developer

26 Jul 2018 00:01

If you update/edit a mod and share it online, so all players can download it - it's not allowed (if the author said it's not allowed).
If you only share your update/edits with friends - well, it doesn't matter (unless he's a bad friend and he'll upload it then...).

It works in a similar way with ProMods - you're not allowed to reupload it for all players but you can share it with a friend using a pendrive/DVD/phone or whatever else, if he has bad network connection for example.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Cipus
Donation rank:

26 Jul 2018 10:28

Vøytek wrote:
26 Jul 2018 00:01
unless he's a bad friend and he'll upload it then...
then is no longer my fault :lol:
in my modding activity, I haven't complained when my traffic density mod was stolen and re-uploaded because it was just to edit few sii files, however when my sound mod with 300 different engine sounds for Ai was reuploaded I stopped updating my mod for public :D because that was one full month of work, this is how I see the things.
talking about importing ATS trucks to ETS2 should not be considered bad if I upload a fixed version for 1.31. agree that the best way is to upload only a fix which should be used alongside with the original, however it may happen that you have worked on the original for personal use and don't know anymore which files you edited, for this pack I remember I even converted the PMGs to the new version, some months ago :lol:
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

Vøytek
Developer

26 Jul 2018 10:37

Well, but it may still have negative impact on the original author and he may stop developing mods. I saw few modders on SCS forum that stopped sharing their mods and deleted all links, because of reuploads. So your actions will have consequences ;)
Last edited by bmwGTR on 26 Jul 2018 14:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove quote, please do not quote the post above yours
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

Cipus
Donation rank:

26 Jul 2018 10:47

you are right, I am one of them ;) this is exactly what I did with my sounds mod https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=211&t=252682 except I haven't deleted my links

Return to “ETS2 Truck mods”

• Information