Trailer shadow issue

You can share and discuss ETS2 trailer mods here
Mr Larrington
Donation rank:

01 Aug 2018 00:02

I've been mucking around with reskinning other people's trailers for a while, but have recently started getting stuff like this:

Shadow Oddness by Mr Larrington, on Flickr

This one is particularly puzzling as it's a straight port of the SCS 53' Wabash trailer from ATS, where the shadow is right. Any advice on the incredibly stupid thing I've overlooked gratefully received.
a bit ov a lyv wyr by slof standirds

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

02 Aug 2018 09:45

It's a graphics settings issue. I've got it too, on default trailers. But not all the time.
I can solve it by setting my graphics settings a bit lower. But it doesn't really bother me. So I deal with it.
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

Mr Larrington
Donation rank:

07 Aug 2018 00:37

Thanks for that. It confused me as I only seem to get it on trailers I've mucked around with in some way. I'll learn to live with it, I guess.

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

07 Aug 2018 01:21

you cant set also in the config.cfg ...
uset r_fake_shadows to 0 = problem solved. but of course you won´t have no more fake shadows, but you can try it.

and if i´m not wrong there was also something in use at ProMods map and Mandesloft fixed something. in the current 2.30 Beta it looks now much better, but from time to time i have still some bad shadows, but not that heavy anymore. mostly at old trailer models, so i think they should be updated too, but old trailer for example from the ETS2 Studio will no one update anymore.

hope you understand what i´m trying to say. :mrgreen:
No Support via PM!

Mr Larrington
Donation rank:

19 Nov 2018 18:48

I found yesterday than this can be caused by changing the path of the "extended_shadow_texture" .tobj file in the chassis definition. Even if the path to the .tobj file is correct and the .tobj file is pointing at the correct .dds file, it still messes up the shadows. Change it back to the original path and everything is fine. I know this doesn't make sense, but it's worked for all the trailers I've tried it on so far.

De_Ruyter

28 Feb 2019 20:49

You would need to worry more if those shadows turn pitch black, it would indicate that you either don't have a DLC (if playing on TMP) or missing items in your mod list (singleplayer). Do know that mods get stolen all the time, but instead of giving the full mod people often give them partially. So in that case you could miss a file or two.

But in your case, yeah that is a default game issue with the graphics. Not sure what causes that, but I have it as well. Just lower your settings if it really bothers you, else just ignore it.
Just a trucker here, nothing to be seen. Please more along!

Return to “ETS2 Trailer mods”

• Information