Rudis Traffic Mod: 1.38 v1.0 (22.07.20)

You can share and discuss ETS2 AI car mods here
Nivek500
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2018 16:48

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Features:
- Rush Hours in the morning and afternoon
- No slow cars if its rain and in the night. (thx piva)
- No stupid overtaking AI´s at national roads. (thx Todor Alin)
- More traffic in the citys, (thx piva) but not to much, i don´t like it.

The AI's are friendly, but nevertheless it comes from time to time to accidents.
Normally it will be quickly resolved, but it can be also happens that you stuck. Therefore I recommend to quick save the game from time to time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now let's see,
I have installed this mod along with promods.
Seems to not working properly. Yet i haven't encountered rush hours at all.
Tho amount of traffic has increased.

Other than that commenting on the Facts listed above....

- No rush hours encountered (as already mentionned)
- Mainly trucks are driving 60 or 70 km/h while 80 is allowed, and still constantly abuse their brakes. (encountered a lot at the autobahn)
- Stupid overtaking for nothing and instantly return lanes still happens alot among AI trucks.
- More traffic is absolutely correct (Well done)
- back on the Changing lanes issue, the moment when i overtake traffic on the right lane of mine. just before overtaking Cars change lane and instantly brake.... causing me to crash on their back.............

Still lots of issues really. idk how ''Todor alin had no issue'' but there still is.
I dont know how piva didn't encounter slow cars....

My suggestion is to test the whole map and actually drive everywhere to actually take that comment as succesfully tested...
in my particular case this is on the German highways.
i dont know if i may encounter this anywhere else. but if i do i will deffinitely mention that.
Scania S730 > Promods 2.27 > Scania R & Streamline mod by RJL

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

09 Jun 2018 17:59

Thanks for the feed back.

my last trip which i have recorded, ~1 week ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-XHUWV8TLU&t=2255s
sometimes the AI drive slower, some times faster then allowed. for me it is ok, and they not drive ultra slow in rain or night.
change lane and overtaking AI´s. can´t do there much, or better, i don´t know how. many players are not happy with this behavior, and doesn´t matter with (my) mod, or even vanilla.
it´s up to SCS to tell us modder how to set it up, or they must fix it, sorry.

i would like to explain you more about some problems, and why it is like that, but my english is not good enough for that. ;)
but you can trust one thing, i know to 100% my mod, and i know also where it is not working very well, and what is good. i did more then 1 million kilometers already. always if i play means same time i´m testing. ;)

i know what i would like to change, but if there is no options for that, then i can´t do it.
there is no documation from SCS about the commands and what is possible. you have to find out all with try and error. :lol:

if i change something somewhere and it is maybe also better there, but then somewhere else somthing else will not work well anymore. it is not easy to find a good working balance.
in the moment i am quit happy with my mod. like i wrote, i´m testing all the time, and maybe in the next weeks i will update again, but there will be only some little tweaks, not more. :)
No Support via PM!

Nivek500
Donation rank:

10 Jun 2018 10:32

Well, on the german highway. there is no speed limit on certain places.
Cars are allowed to go as fast as they please. except for trucks ofcourse.
i know i shouldn't be the one to say that as i can see you are german.
so thats not a problem if cars go Faster then ''Allowed"
I dont know where else in europe the speed limits are non stricted like on the german autobahn.

the only thing i would like to see fixed tho, is the fact they drive too slow.
and that when its not the time of rush hours.
and ofcourse the way they overtake... right at the point where you're the one to overtake another....

thats all actually they should only overtake when there is space between them and another oncoming traffic from behind. thats not the case right now.
if it happens once in a while. that is something that would be alright. otherwise its unrealistic because it happens in the real world too. but not this much.
Scania S730 > Promods 2.27 > Scania R & Streamline mod by RJL

kingeborga
Donation rank:

12 Jun 2018 00:22

Could you please say what part of code to delete if I want overtaking enabled? Thanks!

PS: Found one:
uncomment lines 466 'rule' and 467 'num_params' (search for 'allow overtaking')
Last edited by kingeborga on 12 Jun 2018 00:40, edited 1 time in total.

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

12 Jun 2018 00:38

take this one. all the same, but overtaking enabled. :)
http://promods.net/sm_forward.html?lnk=/rn6cpz9m5vmp/Rudi_ ... I.zip.html
No Support via PM!

OrdiCoach
Donation rank:

12 Jun 2018 19:44

Rudi Raser wrote:
Hello,

Thx for this update (and for this excellent mod of course), but how can I use it with the mod activate on Steam ?

Rudi Raser
In Memoriam
Donation rank:

12 Jun 2018 22:47

download, put the zip into the mod folder, activate it ingame and put it above any map, trailer/traffic mod. :)
No Support via PM!

EdgeGladiator

12 Jun 2018 23:18

Very good mod I use it all the time now. I think that to improve it, it would be necessary to reduce the traffic of truck and increase the traffic of cars during the day, and the innux during the night.
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

xela1961

25 Sep 2018 14:05

Nice work Rudy. Thanks !

OrdiCoach
Donation rank:

20 Oct 2018 15:25

Rudi Raser wrote:
Hello,

This mod seems incompatible with ETS 1.32 or Promods 2.31 cause if I keep it activated, I got this error (few seconds after driving) :

Code: Select all

<ERROR> load_unit() - Failed to open file (/def/vehicle/ai/truck/daf_xf_euro6/a4x2.sii)

Return to “ETS2 AI mods”

• Information