What are some mods I should have for AI?

You can share and discuss AI car mods here
jakers132

24 Apr 2019 10:49

I got Jazzycat's AI car addon and I absolutely love it, I'm thinking about downloading his truck and bus addons, but I'm wondering whether I'll still have primarily cars showing up on the roads or would that make a lot more buses and trucks show up? I'd prefer to have mainly cars show up on the roads, but to also add new trucks and buses instead of just default ones.

Also, other than the 3d models for AI vehicles, what other mods should I get for traffic and why? I saw a mod here that changes traffic behaviour to more realistic, but what exactly does it do? Alter AI "aggressiveness" or what? Any other AI and maybe graphics mods I should get for a realistic feel?

JohnBart
Donation rank:

30 Apr 2019 11:13

You can safely download and enable all JazzyCat AI traffic packs if traffic variety is a concern, as installing additional packs doesn't really change the vehicle type ratio, according to my experiences. (I'm using his bus pack, bike pack, truck pack, painted truck pack, BDF truck pack and Russian vehicles pack, and still have predominantly cars + motorcycles in traffic).

I don't think that traffic behavior mods actually modify how the AI drives (as long as SCS doesn't develop different behavior patterns for AI, this is unlikely to be done by any mod), they rather modify the spawn rates, as far as I know. With such mods, you can have more vehicles in rush hours and/or city traffic, and can generally avoid driving empty stretches of highways that should be otherwise busy with traffic in real life.

I'm not using any other AI mods besides JazzyCat's, so I can't help with the rest of your questions. ;)
Junior ProMods tester. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.

cipinho

12 Jun 2019 13:03

jakers132 wrote:
24 Apr 2019 10:49
I'm thinking about downloading his truck and bus addons, but I'm wondering whether I'll still have primarily cars showing up on the roads or would that make a lot more buses and trucks show up? I'd prefer to have mainly cars show up on the roads

please read the links in my signature, there are from scs forum. you will get replies to all your questions ;)
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

• Information