What are some mods I should have for AI?

You can share and discuss ETS2 AI car mods here
jakers132

24 Apr 2019 10:49

I got Jazzycat's AI car addon and I absolutely love it, I'm thinking about downloading his truck and bus addons, but I'm wondering whether I'll still have primarily cars showing up on the roads or would that make a lot more buses and trucks show up? I'd prefer to have mainly cars show up on the roads, but to also add new trucks and buses instead of just default ones.

Also, other than the 3d models for AI vehicles, what other mods should I get for traffic and why? I saw a mod here that changes traffic behaviour to more realistic, but what exactly does it do? Alter AI "aggressiveness" or what? Any other AI and maybe graphics mods I should get for a realistic feel?

JohnBart
Donation rank:

30 Apr 2019 11:13

You can safely download and enable all JazzyCat AI traffic packs if traffic variety is a concern, as installing additional packs doesn't really change the vehicle type ratio, according to my experiences. (I'm using his bus pack, bike pack, truck pack, painted truck pack, BDF truck pack and Russian vehicles pack, and still have predominantly cars + motorcycles in traffic).

I don't think that traffic behavior mods actually modify how the AI drives (as long as SCS doesn't develop different behavior patterns for AI, this is unlikely to be done by any mod), they rather modify the spawn rates, as far as I know. With such mods, you can have more vehicles in rush hours and/or city traffic, and can generally avoid driving empty stretches of highways that should be otherwise busy with traffic in real life.

I'm not using any other AI mods besides JazzyCat's, so I can't help with the rest of your questions. ;)
Ex-ProMods tester and ex-Moderator. Translator of the official ETS2 + ATS Hungarian localizations. Ex-Community Beta tester of SCS Software. Retired Admin of RestaCar.hu. Pre-recorded DJ at ETS2 RestaCar Pirate Radio.
Drive safe and be nice! ;)

Cipus
Donation rank:

12 Jun 2019 13:03

jakers132 wrote:
24 Apr 2019 10:49
I'm thinking about downloading his truck and bus addons, but I'm wondering whether I'll still have primarily cars showing up on the roads or would that make a lot more buses and trucks show up? I'd prefer to have mainly cars show up on the roads

please read the links in my signature, there are from scs forum. you will get replies to all your questions ;)
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

jakers132

25 Aug 2019 09:25

This is an older topic, but I don't want to create a new one for a similar question, so..

What exactly are Jazzycat's BDF trucks and what are the painted trucks? What's the difference between them? As for the Russian vehicles, are they programmed to somehow only appear in Russia inside promods, rusmap, sibirmap, southern region, but not in other countries? If so, do other non-russian vehicles appear in Russia alongside them?

Not really related, but is there a mod that has real companies (for example Siemens, Volkswagen, Nestle,..) and if there are, do they appear also in promods, rusmap,etc. parts of the map?

Cipus
Donation rank:

29 Aug 2019 15:37

BDF pack includes only tandem trucks + personalized BDF trailer for each truck (possible few BDF trucks without a trailer at all). Painted trucks is a much larger pack including only trucks with personalized semi-trailer. Russian pack includes Russian cars, vans, trucks+trailers , buses, even a motorcycle that will spawn at your choice either or in Russia and few ex Russian countries or all over the Europe. besides these packs I also recommend motorcycles pack and classic+sport cars from trafficmaniac.
if you want an overview of the best packs and sound for these packs you can read more on scs forum where I have a dedicated thread for them: https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=211&t=252682/
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

Teaser
Donation rank:

31 Oct 2019 05:02

jakers132 wrote:
25 Aug 2019 09:25
This is an older topic, but I don't want to create a new one for a similar question, so..

What exactly are Jazzycat's BDF trucks and what are the painted trucks? What's the difference between them? As for the Russian vehicles, are they programmed to somehow only appear in Russia inside promods, rusmap, sibirmap, southern region, but not in other countries? If so, do other non-russian vehicles appear in Russia alongside them?

Not really related, but is there a mod that has real companies (for example Siemens, Volkswagen, Nestle,..) and if there are, do they appear also in promods, rusmap,etc. parts of the map?
BDF trucks are the trucks with attached loading area + a small trailer, also called a tandem trailer, like the ones in this image: https://external-preview.redd.it/W8U6_R ... a883323914
Painted trucks makes the traffic show trucksand trailers with real company paintjobs, as you have on his normal trailers pack for your own use.
russian vehicles is not limited to russia, they will spawn everywhere, its just a pack with russian brand vehicles, and same goes for brasilian pack (not brasilian brands, but the most usual to see in brasil, but spawning everywhere in the map also).
and i believe that if you use ONLY 1 vehicle pack, only those vehicles will spawn, replacing the original vehicles. but if you use more than one of jazzycat packs, it will mix the vehicles togetherfrom the packs you use.
so, russian pack only, russian vehicles only everywhere. russian pack + standard pack will mix vehicles from both packs, but still replacing all original vehicles, and spawn everywhere.

and finally, there are some company mods around, i been using mostly the ones by satan19990 that has companies for all dlc. unsure if it will work for mod maps though, some company mods do say in description that are compatible with map X or Y, but unsure now which mods will work with what map.....
Satans19990 company mod, last update ws for game version 1.30, unsure if still works as i havent played much lately. https://www.modland.net/euro-truck-simu ... -v2.7.html

Cipus
Donation rank:

14 Nov 2019 14:57

little corrections dear @Teaser:
- For vehicles from Russian pack you have 2 choices, spawn only in Russian and ex-Russian countries, or spawn everywhere. personally I prefer the first choice and very little spawn on other neighboring countries like Poland, Hungary, etc the same applies for Brazilian pack
- none of the jazzycat packs will replace original content (Ai or trailers), it will spawn in parallel, however if many Ai or trailer packs are used, the spawn of the original Ai or trailers is smaller and smaller as you add more packs. here also you can play with spawn_ratio that you can increase for your favourite Ai or trailers in traffic

Return to “ETS2 AI mods”

• Information