quickie hot spot bandaid mod: NoCabView

Other ETS2 mods that don't fit in any other category
RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

13 Apr 2016 19:43

One way to mitigate the "hot spot" problem is to make the cab go away by using an external cam. However, personally I don't really care for the external cam views -- bumper cam is too low (speed seems terrifyingly fast), roof cam is kind of silly (sitting on the roof to drive?). So I have ventured to create my very first tiny mod. It moves the wheel cam (one I never use) up to a POV approx correct for driver's head but just forward of the windshield so you can't see any of the cab. This drops the tc and really helps your fps if your gpu is struggling (was that enough acronyms for one sentence, jeez). It may not line up quite as well with every truck, but works with my MB Actros Giga and a Scania that I randomly tested.

If you'd like to try it, here it is:

http://promods.net/sm_forward.html?lnk=/4l22hyjoyryr/NoCab ... 2.scs.html

To use: install mod, load mod, pick wheel cam (7). Let me know if it doesn't work!

I will probably make a 2nd version using the bumper cam, so that the user can pick which cam they want to repurpose as "no cab view". (Roof cam seems trickier, at least for this n00b... not sure how to adjust that one yet.) Anyway it is a trivial little mod but I'd like to give something back to the great ETS2 community.
British living in Canada, over 60, Hackintosh AMD RX580/8GB, OSX Mojave
USBcycle
The Beginner's Guide to SCS Mapping (WIP)
All DLCs + ProMods (sometimes: + RusMap + SR + GreatSteppe) Level 43

Vøytek
Developer

13 Apr 2016 19:47

Thanks for sharing it with us but I suggest you post it in mods section, not here ;)
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

RootlessAgrarian
Donation rank:

13 Apr 2016 23:34

Sorry Zniwek, thanks for relocating my post.

I have been playing with this new cam position a lot tonight and am starting to like it quite a lot; not just as a bandaid for getting through hot spots where fps degrades, but just for enjoying the scenery from a realistic driver POV. The "big screen" view of the world w/o the cab is actually quite enjoyable.
British living in Canada, over 60, Hackintosh AMD RX580/8GB, OSX Mojave
USBcycle
The Beginner's Guide to SCS Mapping (WIP)
All DLCs + ProMods (sometimes: + RusMap + SR + GreatSteppe) Level 43

Return to “ETS2 Misc. mods”

• Information