[DISCUSSION] Searching About Mods Loader/Loading Tool

Other ETS2 mods that don't fit in any other category
cbarbas

18 May 2016 13:44

Hi all,

I am searching for a tool that I can select and save various mods to load at once or at least be loaded or something similar.

From my understanding someone can do that by saving various profiles but I am not sure if I am correct here and how it works!

Is there out there something to use?

Thanks in advance
Chris Freak - Christopher

Volleybal4life
Donation rank:

18 May 2016 19:14

I don't really get what you mean. But there is the normal in-game mod manager?
Spamming the forum since June 2014
Weekly driving vids

Some say, I'm addicted to ETS2. But then I say. No, it's ProMods, it's a way of life.
No. 3 forum spammer!

You want a game map?
You get a game map! (ETS2 (WIP))
You get a game map! (ATS (WIP))

cbarbas

18 May 2016 19:33

HI,

yes, I have the in-game manager as everybody does.

What I am asking is, for example lets say I have 20 mods and I want 8 off them to be loaded by one click, then I want to choose 4 off them and another 3 and somehow to load them without going to the in-game manager and deactivate some and activate other but somehow do it before ETS2 started.

Thanks

Vøytek
Developer

18 May 2016 19:41

No idea why you want to do it this way but I think it's not possible. You can only choose mods in Profile menu, in Mod Manager when starting the game. If you don't want to close the game but disable some mods, you can press ESC and at the top right corner "Profiles", to go back to profile selection and run Mod Manager again, then load the game (profile) with different mods.
Currently working on: various stuff
#1 forum spammer
Enjoying PM since 1.52
YouTube channel [PL]: http://youtube.pl/vooytek

cbarbas

18 May 2016 19:44

Hi,

yes I am aware how it works but I am just asking if I can make it work alike one click, more quickly.

I'll stay with the usual then.

Thank you

SanyaWaffles
Donation rank:

04 Jun 2016 23:21

I think cbarbas is saying like an external, standalone mod manager that can help sort out stuff such as load order without going into the game itself.

Similar to what Nexus Mod Manager or Mod Organizer does for games like Fallout 4 or Skyrim. Those games require mods to be loaded in a specific order to override in-game data, or to work with other mods effectively.

I've actually thought of this myself, as someone just starting to get into ETS2 and ATS myself. It seems so far the built-in manager is the only thing that does this.
Ice Sanya meant to do that.

cbarbas

15 Feb 2018 20:25

Hi,

yes, its like you are saying Sanya. Late reply but still!

Wolfseye

21 Feb 2018 10:30

i have to agree, the way mods can be sorted/enabled/disabled, its very ineffective if you use a lot of Mods, takes a long time to get things done. it would make sense to also make it possible to sort these things with an external tool before you actually start the game. It also would allow the removal and addition of new mods easier and faster, before the game even has started.

Not to mention that the whole load-order thing is something i think is unnecessary complicated. A external program maybe could have preset categories which would be in an fix order which could not be changed. So for example you would only add mods like truck skins into the category truck skins, trucks into the category trucks, maps into the category maps, and the tool would automatically sort them in a raw but definitiv order, without having to think about if i should put that mod into higher or lower priority. Especially for new people, but also to some that grow tired of always have to wonder which is the right order of the mods, it would make things much easier.

just a suggestion of course.

Davyddin
Donation rank:

21 Feb 2018 15:53

I agree that the in-game mod manager is extremely ineffective when using more than just a handful of mods and I would love to see it improved, but I don't understand how load-ordering is in any way ‘unnecessarily complicated’. I don't know how any interface could or should change it. It always depends on which packages you want to overwrite which.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Return to “ETS2 Misc. mods”

• Information