ETS2/ATS Local Radio

Other ETS2 mods that don't fit in any other category
Koen

23 Apr 2020 20:26

@luka.petrovic.142 I received them, but have not looked at them yet.
However, I just peeked at them, and are you sure they meet the requirements? Because it does not look like they do.
Why do today what you can postpone until tomorrow?

luka.petrovic.142
Donation rank:

28 Apr 2020 16:32

Hello Ken

Orašje and Virovitica are meet the requriments because they are local radios.
For pink radio i dont really know does that is a local radio

Yes you are right i just ask because i dont know does that you recive

Best regards
Lukazinjo

Koen

28 Apr 2020 17:03

They are local stations, I won't deny that. However, please read the text on the submission page or in the readme next time, saves yourself (and me) some time and work ;)

From the website (https://koenvh.nl/projects/ets2-local-r ... it-station):
Also know that I may reject your submission, so please only submit popular national radio stations that have an FM or DAB broadcast. Do not submit internet-only radio stations.

If you want to check the coverage of the station you want to submit, then please look at fmscan. It contains a list of all radio stations for all countries. If your submission has been rejected, it is usually because fmscan showed a too narrow broadcasting radius. Save yourself the work and disappointment when it gets rejected, and check the radius before submitting it.
From the readme (https://github.com/Koenvh1/ets2-local-r ... n-stations):
Can I add my own stations?

Yes you can! Just head over to the submit station page. If it is accepted, it will be added in the next update. However, maybe your station does not meet the criteria (web only, does not broadcast in the majority of a country), but you still want to add it. That's possible too. See the custom.js file for more info.
Now, let's look at Radio Virovitica:
Compare that to Otvoreni Radio:

As you can see, it does not cover most of the country - in fact, most of the country is missing.
Hence I would look at your suggestion, check the broadcast radius, and then reject it, because it covers too little area.

Why is that a requirement? Well:
Why does it have to broadcast in a majority of the country?

Let us take a local radio station from France as an example:

Imagine a radio station that has a range of 50km in real life (which is quite a lot), so a diameter of 100km. Now, ETS2 has a scale of 1:19, so that would be 5.26km in ETS2. If you drive at 80km/h, you'll be able to listen to it for 0.066 hours or about four minutes, which is less than the time of one song. And that's when you go right through the middle of the coverage circle, it will be even shorter if you don't. You can already see (or actually hear) this problem by driving through Luxembourg, as Luxembourg is quite a small country.

The problem you create then is that the radio constantly switches stations, which is not really desirable. I worked around this in ATS, where radio stations are licensed per city instead of per state, by making the range unrealistically large and making it switch later than in ETS2, but the problem still exists there too.
For ATS it's a different story.

Gregster
Donation rank:

24 May 2020 13:36

I'm not sure what's causing this, but when I start driving, a radio station will show up on the overlay, but won't start playing, and switching to another station doesn't work.

If I access the browser window and change station that way, it'll fix itself, but it's a little bit of an inconvenience.
[Insert Funny Comment Here]

Koen

24 May 2020 13:45

Try turning on "allow autoplay sound":

There should be a similar button for Chrome.

Webpages are no longer allowed to autoplay audio without user interaction (basically clicking), and the buttons on your wheel don't count as interaction.

Gregster
Donation rank:

24 May 2020 13:57

Alright, I've gone and changed the setting. I'll see if it works next time.
[Insert Funny Comment Here]

luka.petrovic.142
Donation rank:

26 May 2020 11:22

Hello

On the phone its not workling they also waiting for gps coordinates.

Best Regards

Lukazinjo

Rafaelkai

02 Jun 2020 14:47

Hey Koen I've seen on your page that i am still listed as the one adding mexican stations for Viva Mexico. Viva Mexico and Mexico Extremo have updated quite a bit since i did, so i ask you if you could clarify it in case anyone would like to pick up my work. Thanks.

And another question, would you be open to support latin american radios for the EAA map?

Koen

02 Jun 2020 20:47

rafa.martínez wrote:
02 Jun 2020 14:47
Hey Koen I've seen on your page that i am still listed as the one adding mexican stations for Viva Mexico. Viva Mexico and Mexico Extremo have updated quite a bit since i did, so i ask you if you could clarify it in case anyone would like to pick up my work. Thanks.
I will add that to the list.
And another question, would you be open to support latin american radios for the EAA map?
I am in principle open to all, as long as it does not cost a lot of my time. So if you add the stations for the cities, and the cities themselves, then yes, I will add it.
I generally just maintain the stations in Europe, Marcus does most of the stations in Canada and the USA; if you want to do that for Brazil, then sure. Just know that the rabbit hole goes pretty deep :lol:

Rafaelkai

02 Jun 2020 20:50

Well the EAA map is an addon map to ETS2 not to ATS that's why i suggested it. I think you just need to add the countries, not the cities like in ATS. Thanks a lot nonetheless :)

Return to “ETS2 Misc. mods”

• Information