ETS2/ATS Local Radio

Other ETS2 mods that don't fit in any other category
Koen

28 Feb 2017 22:00

gibanica wrote:well, maybe I missed to say, but basicaly the plugin works in the browser alongside sweetfx..but that nice overlay you made is missing.
but I can cope with that. ;)

but some kind of android apk would be great if I can say :)
with coverage map screen, overlays, radiolists etc ..
Yes, I know. But there is a way to use them both. You can link the d3d9 files, but like I said, I haven't tried that ;)

Anyhow, there's no Android app yet (though I do want one eventually), but in the meantime, you can go to the webpage on your phone and add it to your start screen. It will function as a webapp, so full screen etc... Sadly it won't stop your phone from entering sleep mode though, I'd need an actual app for that.
Why do today what you can postpone until tomorrow?

muetzl

02 Mar 2017 22:33

I have to say, this is the most awesome addition to an already great game, which Pro Mods makes even greater, you know what I mean ;-)
I just tried it for the first time and I have never enjoyed travelling from Germany thru Denmark to Sweden more!!!

Now, I'm a total noob when it comes to coding and stuff, so I was wondering if it was possible that a station change occurs not only when crossing a country border, but also certain regions within one country. To explain a bit further: I'm living in Germany, and when you travel let's say from the West where I live to Bavaria (south), your standard car radio (same for trucks of course) won't be able to receive the same station all along the way. To be even more precise: Starting in Düsseldorf, you can catch WDR (Westdeutscher Rundfunk; Western German Broadcast Network). WDR won't beavailable in your car anymore once you get close to let's say Frankfurt, then you'd need to switch to HR (Hessischer Rundfunk; Broadcast Network of Hessia). Further along the way, HR would get unavailable itself, so in Bavaria you have to choose BR (Bayerischer Rundfunk; Broadcast Network of Bavaria). I hope that clarifies enoogh, if not, please shout!

Long story short: When taking a trip in ETS2 from Munich to Cologne, I would find it absolute grand if the station also switches when entering and leaving respectively a broadcasting region. That'll in my opinion spice up the concept even more and add another layer of realism to this already fantastic concept.

Unfortunately, I can only speak for Germany, as I don't know about the broadcasting ranges of non-german stations...

Cheers

gmtavares

02 Mar 2017 22:52

@muetzl
As far as I know, Germany and Great Britain, and maybe Spain later, are regionalized... Meaning that you have already got the region's stations and the country's stions, so you do get this.
I have not really spent much time in Germany with this add-on, but I do believe this happens!
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

Koen

02 Mar 2017 23:08

@muetzl Try driving around in Germany, you should be able to see (or hear actually) that, apart from DLF and Deutschlandradio Kultur, the stations you're able to receive differ from place to place. In the UK this is the case too for Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Spain is too small currently to do that.
Last edited by Koen on 02 Mar 2017 23:58, edited 1 time in total.

muetzl

02 Mar 2017 23:22

Whoaaaa, it did not happen in Denmark and Sweden, and I started in Hamburg, so: MEA CULPA!
Great then, will try tomorrow :-D

On a seperate note, I just exited ETS2 and it CTD. I have a feeling I already read about this bug somewhere, but cannot happen to find it anymore :-(

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers

Koen

04 Mar 2017 11:56

Version 1.10.0
In the past, a lot of stations have been submitted, and a lot of them have been rejected, because they didn't broadcast over FM or DAB, or didn't have a large enough coverage.
Still, there are quite a few people who do want to see those stations added, which is why I added the possibility to add your own custom stations.

The following has also been added/changed:
- Support for custom stations
- Quite a few new stations
- Visual feedback when making a station favourite
- Added a "Switch to favourite" key, allowing you to quickly switch to that country's favourite.
- Made the whitenoise volume fluctuation more gradual
- Support for Open Spaces (but don't expect great coverage outside cities, you're in the middle of Russia after all)

https://github.com/Koenvh1/ets2-local-radio

gmtavares

04 Mar 2017 12:10

@Koen, great!
I really hope to see regional radios in Spain later on, for the specific regions. As that is what happens. For now, there is only the Basque country and Catalonia. But still, you could add radios for these... These regions are special as they have the Basque language and the Catalonian language respectively.

Are you planning on adding support for ATS Coast to coast, Canadream, Baja California/Viva Mexico? Would be fun... It would also mean a lot of time and work, though... And I know it is currently virtually impossible.
ProMods isn't a mod, it's a game.

Project Japan Admin
Mediterranean Map Admin
Lviv Oblast Expansion Developer
Carpathian ProMods Add-On Developer

ProMods junior beta tester from 2.17 to 2.43 :D
🇵🇹 living in 🇪🇪

Koen

04 Mar 2017 13:49

@gmtavares Will probably do that for Catalonia and Basque country, but could you help with adding a few radio stations for each then? ;)
https://koenvh.nl/submit-station

C2C, Canadream, Baja California etc. aren't planned. The problem with the system where every city has its own station is that it takes a lot of work to add a station for each city, let alone provide you some choice. Especially because the cities in those maps are much farther apart than in the base ATS game. If someone else feels like submitting all the stations though... :P I will add support for New Mexico though :)

Pfc. Leyden
Donation rank:

06 Mar 2017 12:18

Fantastic mod, it creates so much more immersion!

I'd like to submit a few stations, however I'm a total noob when it comes to distinguishing which URL to a stream is the right one, let alone find the one necessary :roll:

Now using the example of russian radio "Radio Svoboda", could anyone help in pointing out the right URL's to submit in terms of logo and stream?

http://www.svoboda.org/a/28346737.html
I speak 🇩🇪 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇪🇸 🇷🇺

Koen

06 Mar 2017 20:50

@Pfc. Leyden
The easiest way to get the actual stream URL is often by going to the webpage the stream is located at (the tab where the music comes from), pressing F12 and going to the network tab. If you refresh that page, you should see a media type going by. That's often the stream. You can copy that URL.
In this case http://rfe04.akacast.akamaistream.net/7 ... .net/rfe04

I can't seem to find the broadcast frequencies for Radio Svoboda though. Are you sure it broadcasts over FM/DAB?

Return to “ETS2 Misc. mods”

• Information