K Realistic Economy Mod [Upd April 27 2017] v1.3

Other ETS2 mods that don't fit in any other category
Luponius
Donation rank:

26 Feb 2017 13:35

Just wanted to pop in to say thanks for the mod - its great!

kablowsky

09 Mar 2017 17:46

Hi fellas!

I'm back and ready for the answers. But first, let me thank you for the compliments about this mod. Be sure that is the fuel to keep improving this mod.
1.27 beta is live, and I don't know yet if the update will touch any of the economy parameters.
I don't want to provide mod versions for betas, so, if something goes wrong with 1.27b, disable the mod until the final release.

Would you be able to add the level bonus again or add it as an option ?
@legendskills

To bring back the level bonus you must change the follow line in "economy_data.sii":

Code: Select all

reward_bonus_level: 0
to the desired value. The vanilla value is "0.015".
ferry prices are the same as vanilla
@hizOdge

Yes, it is. I'll try to add realistic ferry prices to the economy, but I'm having trouble to find real values on the net. If any of you know where I can find it, please post it here on send me PM.

Keep truckin'

FacelessHorsey
Donation rank:

21 Apr 2017 09:19

ferry prices are the same as vanilla
@hizOdge

Yes, it is. I'll try to add realistic ferry prices to the economy, but I'm having trouble to find real values on the net. If any of you know where I can find it, please post it here on send me PM.

Keep truckin'
Hi, kablowski. I've found this site: http://www.freightferries.co.uk/ you can buy tickets for ferries there, however they ask for a lot of input (number of passangers, weight, height & length of the truck + trailer) so I guess the price variable based on these elements. It would be a lot of work to estimate a mean value for a line. I'd be happy to help to sort it out, just let me know what to do.

And by the way, great mod, I love playing it.

kablowsky

27 Apr 2017 01:31

@FacelessHorsey

Thank you very much for your help. After some research by me and others users of this mod, we had reached the average value to be applied to the vanilla ferry prices. It will be around 40-48% less than original.

If you want do recheck those values, fell free. I will update the mod for 1.27 in the next few days, but I can make small tweaks if something new came from your own research.

Thanks for using K Realistic Economy Mod.

Keep truckin'

kablowsky

27 Apr 2017 19:29

Version 1.3 Released. Check OP!

Changelog 1.3:

Separate definitions for Economy Data XP. In 1.27, they split the definitions in two separate files.
Revised Ferry Prices. Ferry fees reduced by 45%.
Revised Fuel Prices (April 27 2017).

Pardubak

08 May 2017 09:30

Hi kablowsky,

I really like your mod. I have no really complain about your mod but ferry prices. As I can see, the ferry prices in your mod (version 1.3) are very undervalued... Very good site about freight lorry prices is this one: https://www.freightlink.co.uk. You can find as the actual prices (of course :D ) over there as the estimated crossing time. Hope this site will help you.

Thx for your good work.

kablowsky

08 May 2017 22:38

Hi Pardubak

This site you mentioned was one of the sources to acquire the values applied to the mod. The thing is... there's so many things that reflect in the final price, that's impossible to set "correct" value that fit'em all. For exemple: in the Hirtshals->Bergen, the mod price is EUR 986. In the site you mentioned it is EUR 708,50. So, the mod price still higher than the reality.

Something that I got from this revision, is that vanilla ferry prices frequently have a 2:1 ratio (EUR 2 per km). In the revision, this ratio became close to 1:1. And the price sources sometimes show higher ratios, sometime lower ratios. So, and because I just didn't had time to check every single price for every connection, I used the 45% discount percentage applied to the mod. This value was a mean between my research and some collaborators during the making of this version.

But I'm willing to change those values if someone provide individual prices for every ferry connection (from a reliable source) present in the mod. And the estimated crossing time as well.

Thanks for using it and enjoing it!

Keep truckin'

Vojghi

11 May 2017 17:51

Please may I ask you for fixing these warnings in log. file caused by this mod:

All these bugs are caused by old ferry data in def file, because promods 2.16+with new hotfix (without RusMap) are not currently using poland rebuiltding files so it is necessary to remove them also from this Economy mod.

<ERROR> [unit] File '/def/ferry/connection/miastoswino_portswinou.sii', line 3:
<ERROR> [unit] The unit name 'conn.miastoswino.portswinou' is already taken by an existing unit (of type 'ferry_connection').
<ERROR> load_filtered_unit_array() - Failed to load units from file (/def/ferry/connection/miastoswino_portswinou.sii)
<ERROR> [unit] File '/def/ferry/connection/portswinou_miastoswino.sii', line 3:
<ERROR> [unit] The unit name 'conn.portswinou.miastoswino' is already taken by an existing unit (of type 'ferry_connection').
<ERROR> load_filtered_unit_array() - Failed to load units from file (/def/ferry/connection/portswinou_miastoswino.sii)
<ERROR> [unit] File '/def/ferry/connection/swinoujscie_trelleborg.sii', line 3:
<ERROR> [unit] The unit name 'conn.swinoujscie.trelleborg' is already taken by an existing unit (of type 'ferry_connection').
<ERROR> load_filtered_unit_array() - Failed to load units from file (/def/ferry/connection/swinoujscie_trelleborg.sii)
<ERROR> [unit] File '/def/ferry/connection/trelleborg_swinoujscie.sii', line 3:
<ERROR> [unit] The unit name 'conn.trelleborg.swinoujscie' is already taken by an existing unit (of type 'ferry_connection').
<ERROR> load_filtered_unit_array() - Failed to load units from file (/def/ferry/connection/trelleborg_swinoujscie.sii)
<ERROR> Unable to find unit: ferry.cherbourg
<ERROR> Cannot find source ferry data: cherbourg
<ERROR> Unable to find unit: ferry.cherbourg
<ERROR> Cannot find source ferry data: cherbourg

<ERROR> Missing data for ferry item! (ferry.cherbourg, uid: 0x18CB9DA0AA30018)
<ERROR> Missing target link for ferry destination! (kdop_link.ferry.peterburg)

Thank you very much and keep up the great work.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED:

I have already removed some old values from def file and there is the result for version with PROMODS 2.16 (+hotfix) and without RusMap. Values from polandrebuilding were removed and ferry Cherbourg was added.

For now there are no warnings or errors! Download link:

http://nahrajsoubor.cz/a89faf86e6eae3a02b554d108d448266

FacelessHorsey
Donation rank:

22 Aug 2017 10:00

Hey kablowsky, great job on adjusting the ferry prices :) They fit much better into the economy now.

Do you have plans to update the mod for 1.28?

Thanks a lot, the mod makes the game much better, keeping in the sense of progression for much longer than vanilla.

Steph49

26 Aug 2017 18:52

Hi kablowsky !

I love your mod. Great challenge ! I use it since 1.26 ETS2 version ;-).
I could not drive without your mod anymore; so if you could update it for 1.28 version of ETS2, I would be very happy ! Thanks a lot !

Return to “ETS2 Misc. mods”

• Information