What's the best weather mod?

Other ETS2 mods that don't fit in any other category
TheNuvolari

24 Oct 2018 14:46

And there will be a new Reshade preset for it too - Can't wait for it (because I have never figured out how to tweak the preset to look like on the screenshots by DamianSVW)! :cry:

Cipus
Donation rank:

24 Oct 2018 16:23

I never understood how preshade works and when I finally get it somehow working, I did not like it :lol: too much contrast and unrealistic colors in some places. so for me the best is 4MSAA + 4SGSS through NVidia inspector ;)
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

TheNuvolari

25 Oct 2018 14:32

I know the feeling cipinho - I always have a hard time deciding which one to use: Reshade or AA through Nvidia Inspector. Since then I'm also looking for a climate mod which finally changes the dull colors of the game.

Cipus
Donation rank:

26 Oct 2018 10:51

Damian's mod Next-Gen in combination with Realisitc Graphics by frkn64 for me it's the pest possible option taking into account also that it has no additional performance impact, by contrary it's claimed that should improve FPS, I cannot infirm or confirm this but for me it works just fine!
Enjoy driving with Real Traffic Density for ETS2 / ATS and Real Ai traffic engine sounds ETS2 / ATS

Johnny_91
Donation rank:

28 Oct 2018 15:08

im playing with grimes seasonal mods (now early autumn) but really hate the nights, becauce they are to bright. Tried pivas weather mod with the overcast addon above grimes mod and now the night is dark like in real. BUT i didn`t like the lightning of pivas mod in general. To little contrast, especially, when you deactivate the HDR, wich is recomended by Piva. All other weather mods gives me spring/summer lightning, wich don`t match with a autumn/winter vegetation, also they got no mist in the morning, only Piva`s, wich i don`t really like, like i said above.

Is there any mod available, wich ONLY makes the night darker ? Just like a add on to Grimes mod ?

Davyddin
Donation rank:

28 Oct 2018 16:22

Johnny_91 wrote:
28 Oct 2018 15:08
im playing with grimes seasonal mods (now early autumn) but really hate the nights, becauce they are to bright. Tried pivas weather mod with the overcast addon above grimes mod and now the night is dark like in real. [...] All other weather mods gives me spring/summer lightning [...]
In what sense "too bright"? In early autumn the evenings are still quite bright in northern Europe and the nights still quite short.
ProMods moderator, translator, and tester. ATS and ETS2 player and modder. Author e.g. of the Profile Jumpstart mods. Fennoswede from the Finnish archipelago.

Johnny_91
Donation rank:

28 Oct 2018 17:09

I have uploaded two images wich shows the difference in standart SCS weather and the weather mod from piva. Same time (00:00), same place. In reallife when you took off the headlights, you are in shock of how dark it is and how little you see. In ETS2 without mods, you can easily switch off your headlights and drive without it. Also these "blueish" filter in the original SCS nights are like in a early dawn, wich in my opinnion don`t represent a night like in real.

Standart SCS Night:

Pivas Weather mod Night: (have maked it bigger, to "see" more. Just click on it.) :)

I think Pivas night is much more realistic and immersive, especially, when some lights are showing up, when you drive.

I really would love to see a "darker night" mod. ;)

Pfc. Leyden
Donation rank:

14 Nov 2018 21:38

Finally someone really pointed out, why we are in such a big need of quality weather mods, which create a realistic experience. Vanilla game nights, and also Grimes mod's nights ARE to bright. It's so obvious I really cannot believe how almost no one in the past years lifted this "problem" up into spheres, where it raises enough awareness at dev level so it would be solved.

Because of that we are left with suboptimal weather mods, because I cannot use Grimes seasonal mods AND at at the same time use i.e. RGM including nights which ARE realistically dark. Furthermore by now the wait for Foggy Weather has become so ridiculously long, I wouldn't wonder if people turned away from it...
I speak 🇩🇪 🇬🇧 🇫🇷 🇪🇸 🇷🇺

Wild Bill Kelso
Donation rank:

08 Dec 2018 15:16

Just as a heads up:

Grimes' Late Autumn/Early Winter v3.2 (compatible with 1.33) is out now!

https://grimesmods.wordpress.com/2017/0 ... ather-mod/

Patience finally pays off!
Trucking in 1.33 within the boring stock season (and confusingly bright lit nights in Scandinavia…) in the recent weeks was a powerful testimony on how much I’m accustomed to and appreciate his work.
I highly recommend each user (as I just did) to contribute a donation to Grimes for this outstanding and – besides Promods – perhaps most sustainable mod in the ETS2 world!

Cheers from Berlin,
Markus

EdgeGladiator

08 Dec 2018 16:32

ohh best news of the day, nice!
Senior Beta-Tester since 2.30
Translator for French and Spanish languages
Developper of Mediterranean Map, Maghreb Map and Real European Gas Stations Reloaded.

Return to “ETS2 Misc. mods”

• Information